Testing Rules are Changing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the first time in history the lack of effectiveness of a medicine is being blamed on those that didn't take the medicine.
The unmasked, unvaxxed spreaders that are everywhere. They get bonuses in Florida.

For the first time in history the lack of effectiveness of a medicine is being blamed on those that didn't take the medicine.
Ummmmm... what? That the COVID vaccines are effective isn't in doubt. The facts that the vast majority of people who are getting the virus these days are unvaccinated and that anywhere you look the higher the vaccination rate the lower the number of cases should be proof enough for anyone that the blame you reference is well placed.

Ummmmm... what? That the COVID vaccines are effective isn't in doubt. The facts that the vast majority of people who are getting the virus these days are unvaccinated and that anywhere you look the higher the vaccination rate the lower the number of cases should be proof enough for anyone that the blame you reference is well placed.

If the covid vaccines effectiveness is not in doubt, answer this question.

In recent weeks has the covid infection rate per 100,000 individuals over 30 in the UK been higher in vaccinated individuals or unvaccinated?

And the CDC says ... dated October 25, 2021

"Fully vaccinated air passengers, regardless of citizenship, will continue to be required to show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test taken no more than three days before they board their flight to the United States. For passengers who are not fully vaccinated, the rules will tighten to require a test taken no more than one day before departing to the United States."

I assume we'll be told by our airlines how to handle proof of vaccination since that detail is not mentioned in this statement. Also, this statement specifically says it is regarding 'air travel' and does not mention land borders.

I firmly believe that the vaccines are effective, and make it significantly less likely I will get or transmit the virus. I just wish the Federal Gov acted like they believed that as well.

Almost everyone that I know who has contracted the virus in the last few months has had their shots. A few of them have had it twice, one of them is still recovering months later.

I think that if they are going to test that they should have the same testing requirements vaccinated or not.

So how do you all feel about a pony bottle for rec?

In the beginning of the outbreak:
It wont' last long, summer heat will eliminate it etc etc. WRONG.
After so many death as well as stupid ideas eg household disinfectant, hydroxychloroquine etc etc.
Nothing work and the death kept piling up and then more deadly variants appeared from UK, Brazil, South Africa and India.
Then came vaccines in various forms!! Great news! Light at the end of the tunnel...... WRONG.
Lo and behold: Sidious side effects as well as political disagreements of where to manufacture and distribution etc etc. People still dying around the world.

Not even Hollywood or anywhere could have written a script like this and the end is no where near!
Mean time people are still dying albeit in a smaller scale.
How about next variants? Time will tell.

Enjoy while we can still travel.

At no point in history has a local bar asked for proof of vaccination.
Probably not. Because when there was a smallpox outbreak seeing someone's smallpox scar was enough.

At no point in history as a local bar asked for proof of vaccination.
Even though it might have been a really good idea, for pretty much any of the really contagious viruses. Your comment is more supportive of the idiocy of bars (and bar-goers) than of anything critical of proof of vaccination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom