Testing Rules are Changing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know if there will be new requirements for the land border crossings? Currently there is no testing required for that.

I am vaccianted but I will also refuse to show proof as that is none of anyone's business.
:facepalm: Now that's funny.
I was raised in an era when vaccinations were not looked on as a threat to our "liberties" but rather a gift to our children.
:thumb:
Does anyone know if there will be new requirements for the land border crossings? Currently there is no testing required for that.
Yep.

This is all over the news. How can anyone not know already? In other news, boosters are available in all three flavors if you qualify. Got mine the first day out! Did my pushups there in Walmart. Not very pretty pushups, and it was probably comical even watching me get back up, but done.

So, everyone got their Flu jabs? :wavesmiley:

Instead of using the carrot they are using the stick. They seem to forget that many people don't respond well to the stick.
But the stick is weaker than what they warned it would be. Last month, the early word was that unvaccinated would need two tests - pre-departure test day before flight and post-arrival test. You were going to have to show proof of prepaid second test to board. We had a discussion on the logistics of that since most US testing is on insurance and insurers never prepay. It wasn't clear if you had to be tested upon arrival at the airport or within a day or what. The first test is what many if not most people have been doing all year. That second test was going to be a helluva stick.

Oh please don't pretend that you are making an apples to apples comparison. This testing requirement is for all people entering the US.

Wrong. No US resident has to show proof of vaccination. Only foreign nationals.

LOL. You say you ate the carrot. So prove it, (show your card), or face the stick. Seems simple enough.

I made a decision based on risk for myself and my asthmatic mother. The stick or the carrot was never part of the decision making process because my state government has never favored restrictions.

I was raised in an era when vaccinations were not looked on as a threat to our "liberties" but rather a gift to our children.

And I was raised in an era where people would be shocked by the executive overreach of the past year and a half. And the same people that were shocked as suddenly for executive overreach.

At no point in history as a local bar asked for proof of vaccination.

Most reports are that they will be implementing a vaccine requirement for land border crossings in early 2022. Though there is push back as the trucking industry doesn't favor the vaccine mandates, so the harm to logistics might make it untenable.

Yes, but then you have to do the test within a day of traveling. It isn't a mandate, but we put you in an untenable situation if you don't comply. Sort of what like what some companies tried to pull "Sure you have a medical or religious exemption, but the exemption means you are put on unpaid leave status."

Sort of what like what some companies tried to pull "Sure you have a medical or religious exemption, but the exemption means you are put on unpaid leave status."

OSHA, Section 2 (b).

Thanks to those hippie commies Nixon and Goldwater.

If they want to use a test more than a day old.
And I was raised in an era where people would be shocked by the executive overreach of the past year and a half.
You do know that school kids are required to be up to date on a host of vaccines?

I knew kids in school who limped or used crutches after surviving polio. Not everyone who got it did, and now those kids are dead. This survivor is having problems finding parts.
Foreigners must be vaccinated and test negative in order to visit Florida.

That's hilarious.
Oh, but do they lose the governor's bonus?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom