Testing Rules are Changing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified

Goes into effect November 8th.

Basically only vaccinated travelers will get the 3 day window for testing, now unvaccinated travelers will only have a 1 day window.

There are other rules for foreign visitors coming to the US, but they don't really apply to most in this forum.

Goes into effect November 8th.

Basically only vaccinated travelers will get the 3 day window for testing, now unvaccinated travelers will only have a 1 day window.

There are other rules for foreign visitors coming to the US, but they don't really apply to most in this forum.
That's significantly different from the expected changes pre-released a month ago which I posted about. Then they were saying the vaccinated wouldn't need testing and the unvaccinated would need test both before flight and after arrival. It's not as much benefit for the vaccinated or as much hardship for the unvaccinated as I had expected. I'd say this amounts to little change at all since almost everyone from the US was using the rapid test and seems most were getting it on the day before flight anyway.

It's not as much benefit for the vaccinated or as much hardship for the unvaccinated as I had expected.
Instead of using the carrot they are using the stick. They seem to forget that many people don't respond well to the stick.

Depends on how big the stick is, and how hard you get hit by the stick.
Getting over oneself seems to be a good idea.

Governments operate on the consent of the governed. That is even more true with countries with democratic elections.

And don't think that just because people are vaccinated that they approve of the methods. I am vaccianted but I will also refuse to show proof as that is none of anyone's business.

Governments operate on the consent of the governed. That is even more true with countries with democratic elections.

And don't think that just because people are vaccinated that they approve of the methods. I am vaccianted but I will also refuse to show proof as that is none of anyone's business.

Are you a foreigner to the US? Why are you worried about this? I presume you cave into government authority and show your passport when entering the US or is that kowtowing to oppressive government rules too?

Are you a foreigner to the US? Why are you worried about this? I presume you cave into government authority and show your passport when entering the US or is that kowtowing to oppressive government rules too?

Oh please don't pretend that you are making an apples to apples comparison. This testing requirement is for all people entering the US.

Instead of using the carrot they are using the stick. They seem to forget that many people don't respond well to the stick.

I am vaccianted but I will also refuse to show proof as that is none of anyone's business.
LOL. You say you ate the carrot. So prove it, (show your card), or face the stick. Seems simple enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom