Cayman possible border reopening without quarantine by April or May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just announced by Premier in press conference currently in progress: cayman will reopen borders on November 20. No quarantine required if vaccinated. More details to follow.

That's wonderful news! I hope the airlines start flying asap!

JetBlue resumed regular scheduled air service this past week and Cayman Air has increased its service to the US. Air Canada begins Dec 4. Cayman is in discussions with other airlines.

We’re booked with JetBlue to fly down early January .

Currently visitors will not be able to enter the country with unvaccinated children, but the government is still debating that, and the next (last) phase of opening has always planned to allow unvaccinated children with vaccinated parents. So it may be allowed at some point.

Tourism minister says that visitors should feel confident that they can plan to travel here and not to worry about delays in implementing the opening. They have been thoughtful and well prepared for a safe opening and are fully committed to opening.

Tourism minister says that visitors should feel confident that they can plan to travel here and not to worry about delays in implementing the opening. They have been thoughtful and well prepared for a safe opening and are fully committed to opening.
Anybody got a pound or two of salt to take those words with? It sounds to me like they just got a report from some of their tourism folks about how many people have finally given up on the Caymans as a destination and are going elsewhere. They are going to have to put in alot of work to regain any credibility with the travel industry after how many times they have announced an opening date before pulling back. They have been playing the part of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown pretty well for the last 18 months.

In other news the tourism minister has a bridge to sell.

Screenshot from the news conference:

5rhbvm.jpg

Great news, thinking
about taking a solo trip!

I <3 the Cayman Islands. I lived there when I was in fifth grade, have several friends there, and usually try to get there once or twice a year. However, the devil is in the details on the re-opening.

"Panton said vaccinated travellers from countries where at least 60% of the population had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine would not be required to quarantine upon arrival in Cayman. Also, passengers from countries with less than a 60% inoculation rate but who can provide electronically verifiable documentation that they had been vaccinated can also forego quarantine."

That will likely rule out many American travelers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom