At what age did you switch to the rebreather? (From OC)

At what age did you switch to the rebreather? (From OC)

• Before 20

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 20 to 25

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • 25 to 30

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • 30 to 35

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • 35 to 40

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • 40 to 45

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • 45 to 50

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • After 50

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • After 60

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:)

Alas that day will inevitably come when decrepitude arrives, one's body breaking such that the diving's too difficult. Could be knees, back, or goodness knows what.

Then you'd sell the dive kit and buy a sailing boat. To sail to Valhalla!
It's not that diving CCR is too difficult, have a motor boat [also gave up sailing 'blow boats'] , don't dive doubles any more also, which I did for many years, there comes a time [and age] when you say to yourself 'keep it simple, easy' blow bubble and just enjoy yourself.
As for sailing boats, they are holes in the water you pour money into [my motor boat a little less so, just].
Rebeathers are a great tool for the required 'job', not required now.
Odin is waiting.
Sorry for going way off topic .:acclaim:

It's not that diving CCR is too difficult, have a motor boat [also gave up sailing 'blow boats'] , don't dive doubles any more also, which I did for many years, there comes a time [and age] when you say to yourself 'keep it simple, easy' blow bubble and just enjoy yourself.
As for sailing boats, they are holes in the water you pour money into [my motor boat a little less so, just].
Rebeathers are a great tool for the required 'job', not required now.
Odin is waiting.
Sorry for going way off topic .:acclaim:
And there's the pictures of you diving in a hard hat and standard dress!

Can " at what age did you switch back to OC from CCR " be add to the poll ?
I know it will not happen, just a thought,:stirpot:
It actually happened to me. I started diving with CC, and abandoned it entirely after 5 years...
Too much risk, too many complications...
I also abandoned twin tanks after other 5 years. And I abandoned deco diving 10 years later.
Call it an "involution"....

I was in my 20ies when I did SCR training, I had staff discount, it was nearly for free, not sure I would have done it otherwise and I never pursued it and stayed with OC. Today (in my 40ies), I am looking for an excuse to get on CCR train but there are not a lot of places I am interested to dive are within driving range. So, re-entry doesn't look likely unless I change my location.

Back
Top Bottom