Cozumel what to expect now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody can fly in with out a test. US people can fly in with out a vax. Non-us need a vax still
Ok, the Hill article says "People traveling from Mexico or Canada do not need to show a negative test," while the Reuter's article does not address that except to note that land crossers do not. They have a few weeks to fix this I guess.

Your first part seems correct, now non-US citizen will require a vax for the land border too.

Other than that the preponderance of reports indicated the requirement for US citizens to test when flying into the country is not changing. And there is less talk about, because it an existing rule that isn't changing. This change is about non-US citizens being allowed in.

Which makes sense. Current testing requirements: Land and Sea = NO, Air = YES. And in the future, Non-US citizens need a vax by land and sea too?

Its like Cozumel going green. Sounds nice, but you basically have to follow all the yellow rules...

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised with a sudden change in DC, but who expects it to get easier? Right? If anything its sounds like it getting HARDER for the Unvaxxed to travel.

Inbound travelers, including U.S. citizens, still need proof of a negative Covid test to travel to the United States from abroad.

Here is one that says testing will be stricter for unvaccinated US Citizens. This would not be surprising and more in line with where the Administration seem to be heading. Had not seen that anywhere else.

Foreign travelers will need to show proof of vaccination before boarding and a negative coronavirus test within three days of coming to the United States, Jeffrey D. Zients, the White House pandemic coordinator, said on Monday. Unvaccinated Americans who want to travel home from overseas will have to clear stricter testing requirements. They will need to test negative for the coronavirus one day before traveling to the United States and show proof that they have bought a test to take after arriving in the United States, Mr. Zients said.

Wait, Wapo says the same:

Vaccinated travelers will also have to test negative for the virus within three days of departure, and unvaccinated Americans returning to the United States will be required to test negative within one day of leaving and again after arriving.

And the CDC website also seems to say it is only changing for international coming into the US. I would note that this would have mean non-US citizens, since the US has never denied a citizen reentry.

UPDATE
The White House announced that vaccines will be required for international travelers coming into the United States, with an effective date of November 8, 2021. For purposes of entry into the United States, vaccines accepted will include FDA approved or authorized and WHO Emergency Use Listing vaccines.

Existing COVID testing requirements are expected to remain the same for vaccinated travelers. Unvaccinated U.S. citizens and certain foreign nationals eligible for exceptions from the vaccine requirement are expected to be required to provide proof of a negative COVID test taken within one day of their flight, and also provide proof that they have purchased a viral test to be taken after their arrival in the United States. However, testing details have not yet been officially confirmed.

We return Nov 9th. Hopefully re- entry restrictions will be lifted, but I won’t hold my breath.

And the Covid downdraft strikes another thread. I even tried swimming horizontally out
Are you saying the thread about COVID was taken down by posts about COVID.

I will be coming back from Coz on 11/17 and a test at international is still on the schedule. I would bet a Guidos Marg, I'll still be getting it.

Thanks for all the info guys. So how does the test work to leave coz and go back to the us? Within three days you stop by a hospital and get swabbed? How long does it take, do you need an appt and how much does it cost? And how quick are the results? My gf last time needed a prescription filled and I thought that hospital downtown was pretty decent

And the Covid downdraft strikes another thread. I even tried swimming horizontally out of it!
Even tho half of the US tries to pretend it's not an all accomplishing pandemic still, it is and it is. In current news police unions are telling members to boycott the jab while Five times as many police officers have died from COVID as from guns since pandemic began. So many want to live like it's over but it's still quite the stimulus to everything.

What we've been discussing today is how we deal with travel requirements.
Thanks for all the info guys. So how does the test work to leave coz and go back to the us? Within three days you stop by a hospital and get swabbed? How long does it take, do you need an appt and how much does it cost? And how quick are the results? My gf last time needed a prescription filled and I thought that hospital downtown was pretty decent
Subject to change, for Americans to return to the US, you get Rapid Test within three days of the flight - with some disagreement as to whether that's three calendar days or 72 hours so play it safe and go with 72 hours to avoid arguing with an airline agent who will not accept 73. It takes a few minutes to swab, an hour or less to get results, most sites welcome walk-ins, and costs around 400 Pesos. There are clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, and other sites all over. Some get by with showing a negative results email on their phones, but there are many ways that could fail, so I'd suggest going back to get the printout.

One, it ain't changing anytime soon, I bet. What are you putting up DD? Margarita, something?

My last 3 or 4 were at International. You can make an appointment. 8 am to 7 pm walk ins. Bei Facebook anmelden I just called and said I was coming in after diving and they said come on in. Went in the front, paid and let them make copies of my passport. They want the passport to MAKE SURE they match your name correctly on the test.

Took us around the corner to the test lady. She gently swabbed the one nostril. Its a little deep but not bad. And we were on our way. There were 4 of us and it took like 20-30 minutes tops.

That was around 3ish. Had the results in my email by 7 pm. Then you just need to be able let the check person at the airport check it on your phone.

There is also a health check for to leave at https://www.vuelaseguro.com/ Just do that, download the complete QR code and have it on your phone to show the security person before the xray and baggage scan. You can set up and account add everyone on the flight. Easy peasy.

1634442088557.png

They want the passport to MAKE SURE they match your name correctly on the test.
While you can only hope that they get your email address exactly right.
Then you just need to be able let the check person at the airport check it on your phone.
If they get your email right.
That was around 3ish. Had the results in my email by 7 pm.
Why so slow?

Are you saying the thread about COVID was taken down by posts about COVID.
No I'm saying the original discussion about the health of the reef and bull shark dives in this thread was hijacked by yet another discussion about Covid.

Sorry, I just reread the OP's post and he/she does ask about any changes in dealing with the pandemic. I apologize for getting a bit snarky.

Back
Top Bottom