2022 Bonaire Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just starting to plan a trip for April 2022. Group of 12 California divers went in April 2016 and had a great time at Buddy Dive. Not sure how many of us there will be this time (14 have expressed interest so far), but we'll probably stay at Buddy again just for the ease and having everything available in one place. Not having great luck finding reasonable flights so far (most likely flying out of San Francisco), but we just started looking. Looks like the Wed - Wed option is cheaper than Sat - Sat. Last time we added an extra day and went Sat - Sun, but I'm not sure that is an option now.

Tentatively planning on going back in May to Project CCR at Buddy Dive.

Hubby and I booked 2 weeks Feb. 25-March 11 via Delta using frequent flier miles. 1st part at Coral Paradise Resort with truck and dive package through AB and the last 5 nights at Connie's OceanTerrace condo at Port Bonaire using Dive Friends to add some boat dives. Hope the testing requirements have eased up by then.

My wife and I leave tomorrow for 2 weeks at Den Laman, Dive Friends, AB Car. We have our <48 hour NAAT test and our Bonaire health declaration. You'll all hear how this turned out, I think, good :)
Enjoy!

I was alluding to a trip report, however...

We flew AA Philadelphia to Miami to Bonaire. Just a 1 hour layover in Miami, our scuba gear made it to Bonaire with us :). AA has a nice app that tracks your bags, looks like ours were loaded in Miami just before we pushed off

At arrival, our Bonaire Public Health Declaration, Covid test, and Vaccine card were all checked. We were given an appointment for our 5 day Covid test, drive through, across from the stadium. All very smooth, then through immigration. Same old baggage pick up.

We were met at the airport by AB Car, uneventful truck pick up and drive to Den Laman. Simon from Sunwise met us at Den Laman and showed us to Parrotfish, a beautiful 1 bdrm ocean front. We have stayed in Parrotfish twice before, did not need orientation. We made a run to Zhung Kong for groceries and beverages. If you haven't been to Zhung Kong for a while, you would not recognize it. The expansion and remodel started a couple of years ago is complete. Much larger, shelves are full of a much greater variety of foods and sundry items. Zhung Kong may cost a bit more, but we'll take it for the great convenience.

We slept in a bit this morning, were very tired after our travel day. We were passed out of orientation at Dive Friends, being our 8th visit here. It was nice to see some old friends, Joan (we've known her since Sand Dollar, Bonaire Dive & Adventure, and Andre), and Darcy. Many new faces, we look forward to meeting during our 2 week stay.

Got in two great dives at Bari Reef, Green Turtle, Chain Moray, big Yellow Frogfish on the way back from the second dive at 35 feet, only about 5 min north of the pier :D. Of course, all the usual reef fish.

Just finished a late lunch, enough time to get in a couple more dives today. There you go, just 12 more diving days...

We ended up doing just one more long dive, got some pictures of the gorgeous yellow frogfish, will be in my trip report. All is good in Bonaire. All we need to do is figure out our return to the US Covid Ag test

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom