Expanding ScubaBoard to social media

Which social media channels do you actively use (diving related) ?

• Facebook

Votes: 74 47.4%
  • Instagram

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • TikTok

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Pinterest

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Youtube

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • ScubaBoard only!

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t use the popular forms of social media and I intend to keep it that way.

However, I perceive that site traffic volume is paramount to ScubaBoard’s existence (hence the allowance for extended bickering) so anything to expand SB’s virtual presence seems like a logical sequel to our current trajectory.

EDIT: Although a predictable sequel, expansion to social media would not be, for me, acceptable and it would greatly curtail my participation. However, based on the general fervor for social media, I’m sure ScubaBoard won’t miss me.

Facebook and YouTube ... no accounts on the others. I use FB quite a bit for diving. Keeping up to date on current conditions, sharing photos and video, following shops, charter boats, retailers, etc. While I love ScubaBoard I would definitely have far less access to up-to-date diving related information without Facebook. It is what it is.

ADDITION: Regardless of how much I use Facebook, I'm not in favor of cross posting. I do NOT want my posts on ScubaBoard cross-posted on FB or vice versa.

I use facebook quite a bit, but very little for diving. There is a local dive group or 2 I might catch posts on, but the content is not really that useful to me since I don’t actually dive locally anymore and any travel discussions are of limited use. The rest of the platforms not so much.

If the idea is to take posts from Scubaboard and put them on any of these social media platforms without permission, I will no longer post on Scubaboard.

During the upgrade, when the board was offline, several people used Scubaboard's Facebook page to get information about the downtime. Bit of a missed opportunity that nobody kept an eye on that page....
I’m confused. The last post on the Facebook page appears to be from May of last year. Are you saying you posted there about being offline? I don’t see that.

I’m confused. The last post on the Facebook page appears to be from May of last year. Are you saying you posted there about being offline? I don’t see that.

I actually checked the SB FB page for updates when the forum was down. Nada! And I mentioned here I had checked, too.

I use FB for local diving and keeping in touch with local divers, local and "localish" charter operators, etc.
As others have mentioned, I would not want anything cross-posted!

None here as well.

I will reluctantly follow a link to Facebook occasionally, but refuse to go further when it requires a login.

If FB content gets embedded here fine, but please, please don't make FB required to fully use SB.

Social media is really anti-social. It’s algorithms categorize and divide people. If that’s to be Scubaboard’s future, count me out. I like that everything on sb is dive related and there’s no chance of other “stuff” stinking it up.

Back
Top Bottom