How are the jetties at St Andrew’s PCB ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plungee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We’ll be in PCB and not sure if we can time going on a boat so we were looking at diving the jetties. Has anyone been since they dredged it in Sept-Oct?
Thanks

Always been my favorite dive in PCB. Cheap and more species than any single wreck in the gulf. Just time your dives to the tides. About a 45 min before change will normally give you a 2 hr dive window, Keep in mind PCB only has one high and one low per day.

Interesting

The rocks are still in the same place.

It looked like they threw a lot of the dredge material up by the fence barrier. So the distance between the ramp to the water is a lot more. This makes the pools area smaller and the beach wider along the entire perimeter of the pool. Back before the dredging there wasn’t more than a 20- 30 feet between ramp by the fence and the water. People some times had to walk next to the water if somebody put up a tent near the fence. I didn’t measure it, but it seems 2 or 3 times wider now.

im not a resident, so maybe someone who lives there can provide a more accurate picture of what it is like now.

Planning a trip to PCB soon and believe I saw that they may have recently added rocks to the jetties where there is no room to swim over, is that right? If so, would it be best to go to the far (northeast) end of the kiddie pool to go around the end of the jetty, and then swim along the jetty toward the Gulf?

A video on Facebook taken a couple days ago indicates that is the case. The swim thru was Still there during our last trip in late April.

I hope to still be able to get to the jetties on the most northern end of the pool. The problem is that now the fishing people can walk along the entire length of the jetty where as before they could not. So it has become more dangerous. I saw many lines in the water once when I went Past south of the cut.

on the last trip my diver down float got stuck on the side of a fishing boat and I had to go back up north to the cut. I didn’t think I would ever have to worry about that too.

Yes
I dive there 4/6 and the swim through was there but a barge was there filling it in. The guide from Panama City Diving said the swim through would be no more.

Has anyone done this lately? We are going down to PCB to hang out on my dads boat next weekend. Also any comments on current visibility would be appreciated. (We will take his boat out for some diving)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom