Xdeep shipping -- anyone with insight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigDaddyGlad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I ordered an Xdeep Zen from my LDS two months ago today. It still hasn't arrived.

I understand supply chain challenges are an issue globally; I work in the computer business, and we have been at less than 50% of our forecasts for most of the year. But two months? That seems a bit long to me.

I've got a trip (hopefully) coming up at the end of next month, so I really want to secure this gear before then. I've called around to the other authorized dealers in my vicinity, and nobody has any stock.

Anybody here, by chance, have any insider info on Xdeep's supply chain? Is a two-month wait a normal thing, or should I just give up on the Zen and move to something like a DiveRite BP/W?

(BTW, it's curious how every shop has stock on Halcyon. I wonder why they have inventory on the $1400 systems, and no stock on the $700 kits? Hmmmmmm....)

There are people who reported ordering wetsuits, gloves, hoods, and boots from Bare last fall. Last I heard, they still don’t have them. I know one dive shop that ordered a bunch of new wetsuits. Only the men’s came in. Who know when the women’s will arrive.

ScubaPro fins are backordered until the fall.

I don’t know where X-Deep’s stuff is manufactured, but there are currently 61 ships waiting off LA/LGB to get into port. I’ve got a thread elsewhere on SB with lots of info on the current situation

My experience was very different. I ordered a completely custom zen, I was told that it was going to take 8 weeks to deliver it and it showed up at my LDS in 4.

Good luck, I hope it gets resolved

I don’t know where X-Deep’s stuff is manufactured, but there are currently 61 ships waiting off LA/LGB to get into port. I’ve got a thread elsewhere on SB with lots of info on the current situation

I think they manufacture everything in Poland

I think they manufacture everything in Poland

Still big shipping delays from Europe to the US and delays at east coast ports. Two months? That’s frankly nothing these days.

Ask Ryan from Aqui watersports in Lauderdale by the sea...My Zen was shipped in under 2 weeks...great BC by the way....I also have Dive Rite and OMS....I prefer the Zen...If you plan on traveling get the aluminum plate or the Ghost
AQUI Water Sports Fort Lauderdale

I ordered some Xdeep stuff from Shop for Scuba Diving, Tech Diving, Underwater Photo, Swimming, Freedive - Gidive Store in Spain not that long ago and had no issues. It arrived in the US after about 2-3 weeks via UPS.

I don't know what exact Zen model you were looking at but just a quick glance on gidivestore website and it does not look like there are any holdups for ordering it. Xdeep NX Zen Standard Full Set with SS Backplate - Gidive Store Looks like there about € 487 and I would guess shipping is around € 40 so your looking at € 526 shipped (or about USD $ 620) You can always email them to confirm lead time. There fairly good about communication via email.

UPDATE: I gave up on waiting, and called around every dive shop in Ontario. I found what I believe to be the last in-stock unit at a shop about 1.5 hours away, so I just drove out there and picked it up today. It is the Deluxe rather than Standard version, but that's probably better as I'm not getting any younger and the extra padding will probably serve me well.

Paired it with a HOG D3 regulator set, and I'm good to go for my cruise in a few weeks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom