Best Places in the World for Dive Master & Instructor Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's an obvious task loading exercise with the added stress of near suffocation from a shared regulator. TBH a real pig of a task too. Should imagine most people struggle with that.

Issue is it's artificially contrived and of no practical use.

Backfinning on the other hand...

Backfinning on the other hand...
That is what hands are for o_O , see it a lot .
It is a sure sign their skills are crap.

Yes PadI you have to switch gear underwater while passing a reg back and fourth
I had to switch/exchange gear on the bottom of La Jolla Cove when I did my OW course with NASDS back in 1972...Some of the more advanced skills today were all basic skill requirements for NASDS OW "back in the day"...

Equipment exchange

The secret to equipment exchange is this. you and your buddy initially gear up in each other's equipment. U/W you will be taking off their gear and putting on yours, something you should be very familiar with. The doffing [removal] is easier than the donning [replacing].

To OP: I had been certified for 32 years before I began my DM program. DMs and instructors are there to teach scuba to others, get yourself experienced by diving in all kinds of waters before you start on the road to teaching these skills to other people. I had even worked as a harbor diver during those years of acquiring experience. Do not make the mistake of thinking you are going to make a living as a DM or instructor. That is pure fantasy. There are much better ways to go broke.

If I were to begin the DM program anew, I would look for the best dive shop close to my current home and take their course, DM with them and begin my teaching under the watchful eyes of those who had taught me. You live in XXX, hence the best place in the world for DM and instructor training is.....XXX.

Well. I dont think we can call it cold water. Most are just trying chimp in the reality, better help OP to mentally and skillfully prepare for the journey.

American landed the moon but fully prepare to return home of the mission fails, even A13 type for failure. We mean well from what I can see.
6 pages so far and there is still NO suggestion for the place to consider!
Tons of icy cold water though!

How did American land on the moon all those yra ago.
A dream come true?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom