What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One minor suggestion for the team. The icon that switches between light and dark mode looks like a gear in light mode. That usually indicates settings/preferences and I've found myself clicking it a couple times already expecting setting but getting a dark screen instead. Perhaps it could be changed to an icon of a sun to counterpoint the moon of dark mode?
DCR

It's working for me. What I have noticed (this is on the old version as well) is that if I haven't looked at a thread in a couple weeks it won't remember my place. I put this down to a limited number of thread positions per user that the site keeps track of.
I think it used to be a small grey circle between the OP's avatar and the thread title, and there may have been another way at the far right of the thread's row.

Regardless, I'm still not seeing anything. I was last logged in right before it went down, so I don't think it's a matter of time as implied above. I'm on a Mac using FF, though. I'm guessing most users are PC people, FWIW.

I know I'll get used to it eventually, but why does every site "upgrade" I've been subjected to in the last decade result in lower information density (more scrolling). It's as if every site is designed around people using a first generation iPad.

On an iPad, the editor seems to be a bit naff. Seems to not play well with the autocorrect and general typing.

Anyone else experienced this?

Replies with quotes: doesn't seem to work where you can edit the quote to remove the 'fluff' to focus on the point you're replying to. Especially if picking it apart.

Replies with quotes: doesn't seem to work where you can edit the quote to remove the 'fluff' to focus on the point you're replying to. Especially if <<<<inserted some guff during the edit>>>> picking it apart.

Seems to work OK on a desktop; definitely not working on an iPad.

Update:
Click the vertical elipsis (dots) and select the [] icon to "Toggle BB code". Normal editing is then resumed.

I have a question about the change from Private Message to Direct Message:
Will content from previous PM dialogs be recoverable? I see that, at least so far, nothing is visible from before.
I still have all my previous messages....

Great job, the website seems more user friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom