Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I’m getting a pee valve. I don’t want to risk a weenie-squeeze.
This is non existing problem.
When you will be finally tired of pissing your undergarment due to leaking check valves, try non balanced p-valve and be surprised.

I had struggled with balanced p-valves for several years and finally swapped to non-balanced, which have been using for past decade without any issues.

BTW, had ordered non-balanced p-valve with my Seaskin Nova, but got LM Tinkle. The first that I did - patched duckbill check valve on it)) Thus it is non-balanced now.

P.S. And guys, how do you disinfect your Trigon? I owned Dive Rite p-valve with similar design and had to apply duct tape on p-valve face to let disinfectant solution stay inside for some time... it was annoying.

My Nova just passed its 3 year mark since I got it. I've done 78 dives in it. Had the Trigon pee valve the whole time. I have to admit that I have not been as diligent as I should be in cleaning it after each use, either.

My Seaskin Ultra is a bit over 1.5 years old. 21 dives in it with the Trigon.

Neither Trigon has leaked or had any other problems yet. I realize I have not done THAT many dives with either one, so I'm not saying they are bulletproof or anything. But, they seem reliable enough, to me. And, for what it's worth, it's a pretty darn simple device...

Have to agree with Stuart, I rinse my trigon with a low stream from a hose, just pointing the stream into the quick connect and watching the valve for flow, no pressure and it’s been flawless, several hundred dives on it.

This is non existing problem.
When you will be finally tired of pissing your undergarment due to leaking check valves, try non balanced p-valve and be surprised.

I had struggled with balanced p-valves for several years and finally swapped to non-balanced, which have been using for past decade without any issues.

BTW, had ordered non-balanced p-valve with my Seaskin Nova, but got LM Tinkle. The first that I did - patched duckbill check valve on it)) Thus it is non-balanced now.

P.S. And guys, how do you disinfect your Trigon? I owned Dive Rite p-valve with similar design and had to apply duct tape on p-valve face to let disinfectant solution stay inside for some time... it was annoying.

This discussion is reminding me of past discussions regarding wireless air integration.

You tried one type of balanced p-valve. Or maybe you even tried more than one type. You had problems with it (or them). Now, you have written off all balanced p-valves.

That is like saying that the PPS transmitters are bad after trying ScubaPro and Suunto transmitters years ago and having issues with them.

For disinfecting, I dissolve a Steramine tablet in something like 1 liter (-ish) of warm water, then use a large syringe to inject the solution into the line (from the end where the catheter would attach) and flush it through repeatedly, until I've used up all the Steramine solution.

No issues with that, yet...

My suit arrived 10 Sept, dispatched about a week later than anticipated. I didn't have a chance to try it on till now as I was out of town. Fedex bill was $66.41

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_081621.jpg
    IMG_20210925_081621.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20210925_083644.jpg
    IMG_20210925_083644.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 223
My suit arrived 10 Sept, dispatched about a week later than anticipated. I didn't have a chance to try it on till now as I was out of town. Fedex bill was $66.41
Wow the fit looks amazing!!!
Congrats and enjoy it a lot!

That is like saying

I don't challenge your experience, I just share mine.
And from my perspective there is no difference in balanced and non balanced p-valves, except balanced can leak through check valve, and all of mine leaked.

I tried 3 types of check valves.
The most prone to leak were duckbill valves as on LM Tinkle and some others (was on my Dive Rite p-valve as well).
Снимок экрана 2021-09-27 в 11.27.11.png

Then came this one (was on my Oxycheq p-valve)
Снимок экрана 2021-09-27 в 11.15.54.png

And the most robust was red one, - replaced black with it
Снимок экрана 2021-09-27 в 11.21.19.png

But when the red valve had started to leak I finally gave up and switched to non-balanced p-valve... since then I forgot about any problems and figured out that the best balanced p-valve is non-balanced p-valve)))

As to Trigon, as far as I know it has mushrooms valves similar to such as in the drysuit cuff dump valve. Cuff dump valve definitely leaks, but as far as in the Tigon there are 2 mushroom valves, guess it is less prone to leak.

I don't challenge your experience, I just share mine.
And from my perspective there is no difference in balanced and non balanced p-valves, except balanced can leak through check valve, and all of mine leaked.

I tried 3 types of check valves.
The most prone to leak were duckbill valves as on LM Tinkle and some others (was on my Dive Rite p-valve as well).
View attachment 684105

Then came this one (was on my Oxycheq p-valve)
View attachment 684103

And the most robust was red one, - replaced black with it
View attachment 684104

But when the red valve had started to leak I finally gave up and switched to non-balanced p-valve... since then I forgot about any problems and figured out that the best balanced p-valve is non-balanced p-valve)))

As to Trigon, as far as I know it has mushrooms valves similar to such as in the drysuit cuff dump valve. Cuff dump valve definitely leaks, but as far as in the Tigon there are 2 mushroom valves, guess it is less prone to leak.

I can only see 1 mushroom valve in the Trigon. And then the check valve is integral to the body of the valve. The 1 mushroom valve is very obvious when you open the valve up. Where is the 2nd mushroom valve?

I can only see 1 mushroom valve in the Trigon. And then the check valve is integral to the body of the valve. The 1 mushroom valve is very obvious when you open the valve up. Where is the 2nd mushroom valve?
I believe there are 3, 2 for the out flow and 1 for the balancing side

I believe there are 3, 2 for the out flow and 1 for the balancing side

Interesting. I read through the owner's manual to check and I can't see them. But, I guess it doesn't matter...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom