Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone take a picture of it in BT mode?

Can someone take a picture of it in BT mode?
Here’s my Genesis Centauri in BT sync mode.
1519EEEC-7AAB-41ED-AFBE-359A4327FE69.jpeg

Light, 25%, trimix would be nice.

Light, 25%, trimix would be nice.
What do you mean? I may misunderstamd but if "light trimix' is added then you might as well just add trimix. From a software point of view it makes no difference.

I only wish for the developers to work with Subsurface for integration, but that is not ever going to happen...

^^^This x 100.

I didn't know that Mac Dive had Excursion support... I don't have a MAC but theoretically you can sync to Mac Dive and export to a CSV file and then import into Subsurface... not at all ideal, but at least it's possible?

I really like the dc.. it's simple and holds battery forever. SS support is my #1 gripe.

What do you mean? I may misunderstamd but if "light trimix' is added then you might as well just add trimix. From a software point of view it makes no difference.
They might feel more comfortable supporting 28/25 instead of 15/45, in terms of breathability or likely dive profiles.

:rofl3:... ordered 02/03/20.....patience is my middle name!

I really like the Excursion, it's a great rec dc. If I had to gripe about something, it's the lack of SS support, but that's not even up to the folks that sell the Excursion. If support comes great, if not, not the end of the world... still does exactly what it's supposed to do.

What I really like about the dc (and I'm sure there's others that work this way too) is the fact that you can change all the settings via the app on your phone. No need to try and go through cumbersome menus and scroll down through the dc. I REALLY like that feature. I wish SW would do something like that. They should all do something like that.

If it ever got "tech" ish features / support / software that would also be awesome, but not at all expected as that's not how it was marketed or what I bought it for.

They might feel more comfortable supporting 28/25 instead of 15/45, in terms of breathability or likely dive profiles.
It doesn't make a difference when coding, if the code is designed properly.

If it ever got "tech" ish features / support / software that would also be awesome, but not at all expected as that's not how it was marketed or what I bought it for.
Good to hear that trimix support would be well received.

I do like mine.

It displays deco in an unusual way, but as a recreational computer, it performs well in such diving.

This! When going into deco [or past the NDL], it shows how much time you have gone past your NDL vs. showing you how much deco obligation you have [which is what I expected...tho, I am only one data point]. I prefer the latter. It helps much more when during the dive I need to manage how much gas I need to safely surface [including deco].

Back
Top Bottom