Recommendations for Nautilus/lifeline?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janie88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is everyone's recommendations for carrying a Nautilus lifeline or is there some other brand you recommend? Thanks so much

Subscribed. I am diving with Nautilus in Socorro in a couple months and was tentatively planning to use my marine park fee and trip insurance credits to buy one during the trip. Well, if I don't spend them at the bar onboard first. :)

Subscribed. I am diving with Nautilus in Socorro in a couple months and was tentatively planning to use my marine park fee and trip insurance credits to buy one during the trip. Well, if I don't spend them at the bar onboard first. :)

I just purchased the Nautilus Lifeline GPS on Amazon. Looks to be small enough to fit into my BC pocket. A little pricey but for me worth the peace of mind.

I have the Lifeline. For dives where I carry it and a DSMB but likely won't need it (moored boat dives etc) I put it and the Lifeline in a leg pocket or in a dive modified (drain grommets) fanny pack I affectionately call my OH **** WHERE'S THE BOAT bag.

Using a loaner from the Humboldt Explorer in the Galapagos, it was clipped to my rig (I don't know how people who have them for the long-term do it; for the few days' diving near Wolf and Darwin, this is what we did). Yes, they are small.

I was told if I opened the top, it became splash resistant (at least while that was open). I never opened it.

IMG_4520.jpeg

I have the original Nautilus Lifeline, which is larger and has voice capability. I tied on a bolt snap and it lives in my left thigh pocket (either tech shorts over my wetsuit or drysuit pocket).

I use one on all LOB trips. It's clipped to my belt as far back and not noticeable during the dive. On my last lob trip to the Red Sea the boat gave one to every diver which was reaffirming. While the initial cost may be high it does not need much maintenance and it should last for a long time.

When I dove with Nautilus last year, they had lifelines for sale at a big discount - $100 if I remember. A perk of the trip. If you don't have one or buy one, they give you one to use.

Great units. I have the old style that includes voice comms. They are worth more than new now because being able to talk to the boat is super helpful even when there is no emergency.

Great units. I have the old style that includes voice comms. They are worth more than new now because being able to talk to the boat is super helpful even when there is no emergency.

Talking to the boat can greatly reduce the chances of your minor predicament becoming an emergency. It's sure worked out that way for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom