Hose extension for mini pony bottle Spg gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a small spg gauge and I'm looking to get it on a hose so I can see it up front as a backup. Do they make a hose extension that goes from the reg to the same thread as the mini spg gauge? Hopefully they make a right angle adapter fitting as well.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 7.50.45 AM.jpg

If you want to actually see it, why not a gauge you can actually read instead of the eye strain edition?

I have a small spg gauge and I'm looking to get it on a hose so I can see it up front as a backup. Do they make a hose extension that goes from the reg to the same thread as the mini spg gauge? Hopefully they make a right angle adapter fitting as well.

View attachment 683134
You can get a straight one or a right angle. But a larger gauge is probably better.
The adapter goes on the end of a standard HP hose.
Right Angle Pony Adapter , Piranha Dive Shop |
In-Line Pony Gauge Adapter Only

View attachment 683134

I have that gauge and use it just fine for my slung auxiliary/pony bottle I have it on a Mk V with an Oceanic pancake second stage with braided hose or now a AL Core Supreme second. I also have a little rubber boot (it is optional). I can see the gauge just fine with my new prescription mask. I installed it on the end of a 6 inch HP braided hose DGX brand). Take a inner tube rubber band or a 1 inch or so loop of 4mm bungeed and double the hose back so the gauge is pointing up/forward. Then slip the bungee/rubber band on the hose so that it now rests under the fittings at the gauge and at the first stage. Very compact result. There is a 90 degree elbow that can be gotten for it but I like it straight so I can look down and see it without manipulating it.

To use the gauge as a regular spg just buy a standard HP hose and spool and adapter:

DGX Adapter: Mini-SPG to HP Hose, Straight (includes spool)

DGX Adapter: Mini-SPG to HP Hose, 90-Degree (includes spool)

For those of us who fly, every ounce can count. Especially with the addition of a bottle. Ounces add to pounds, pounds add to overweight luggage that then gets abused purposely and not to mention over charges in both directions. And I have to carry it. Yes, ounces count. N

Back
Top Bottom