Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air freight has a massive over demand right now due to how slow ocean freight is. Regular air freight shipments are being bumped left and right.

I am thinking of working as delivery boy on airlines.

Got my notice from FedEx today to say my order had shipped. Original ship date was September 17, which was just one day later than actual ship date. Good estimate. Anticipated arrival is September 22. I had ordered the suit and the undergarment.

View attachment 681977

At this point I'm just very furious at Fedex.

Why hasn't this company gone bankrupt yet?

They now told me that because my package is International "Economy", it has less priority and will need to wait until a plane has extra space.

So there it is, my package waiting from Wednesday for leftover space.

Upon checking the price difference between Economy and Priority is just ~$20, so if you want faster shipping, call them and maybe get Priority.

@boboqa any progress? Mine has now 5 entries for this "FELTHAM GB"

Received my nova with undergarment today from FedEx, a whole two days before I was supposed to receive it.

It'll be a bit until I can get it into the water, but here's what I think so far:
  • Seems like solid construction. I got the country flags and they're obnoxious. Oh well.
  • I got the neoprene socks, and they are enormous. I'm not sure why they're so big, but they are.
  • The undergarment fits exceptionally well and is extremely warm here in my living room.
  • The suit itself fits quite nicely through the torso. The legs are baggy. I did get the "extra room for big undergarments as we dive Lake Superior, so maybe that explains the baggy. I... don't know how I would have fit into the suit without extra space in the torso, though.
  • I found the suit extremely challenging to get out of, and in fact tore the undergarment trying to get it and myself out of the suit. Nothing some duct tape can't fix, but that's a real bummer right out of the box. I feel like the zipper could maybe be a bit longer for ease of exit. There must be a better way to get out of this thing.
Other that the enormous socks and the struggles getting in to the thing, I'm excited to take this out and see how it performs.

Received my nova with undergarment today from FedEx, a whole two days before I was supposed to receive it.

It'll be a bit until I can get it into the water, but here's what I think so far:
  • Seems like solid construction. I got the country flags and they're obnoxious. Oh well.
  • I got the neoprene socks, and they are enormous. I'm not sure why they're so big, but they are.
  • The undergarment fits exceptionally well and is extremely warm here in my living room.
  • The suit itself fits quite nicely through the torso. The legs are baggy. I did get the "extra room for big undergarments as we dive Lake Superior, so maybe that explains the baggy. I... don't know how I would have fit into the suit without extra space in the torso, though.
  • I found the suit extremely challenging to get out of, and in fact tore the undergarment trying to get it and myself out of the suit. Nothing some duct tape can't fix, but that's a real bummer right out of the box. I feel like the zipper could maybe be a bit longer for ease of exit. There must be a better way to get out of this thing.
Other that the enormous socks and the struggles getting in to the thing, I'm excited to take this out and see how it performs.

Have you had other drysuits before? Getting in and out is somewhat of an acquired skill. If you haven't, then give it some time. Also, the suit will break in some.

The socks sound concerning. They should be snug with your undersocks on. If they are too loose, then they will fold and have creases when you put on whatever rock boots or booties you intend to wear over them. Those folds and creases will likely be uncomfortable.

It sucks, but you should probably get the socks sorted, to be the right size. If they screwed up, I think they'll fix it at no charge - but you'll probably still be responsible for shipping to return the suit. Obviously, if you told them the wrong size, then it's all on you - in which case you might send it somewhere in the U.S. to get them fixed, instead of returning it to the U.K..

Have you had other drysuits before? Getting in and out is somewhat of an acquired skill. If you haven't, then give it some time. Also, the suit will break in some.

break in time is good to know. I’ve rented three different drysuits over eight total dives, so not extensive experience by any means. They were all to varying degrees of poor fit.

I’ll experiment with undersock thickness and see if that takes up the space, then try to contact and see if they or I messed up.

off hand, any tips of US-side drysuit shops who could swap socks?

thanks!!

For those of you that got the plastic zipper and zipper cover zipper. Does your Inner zipper open completely?

The opening end of my inner zipper is totally covered and obstructed by the outer zipper:

upload_2021-9-20_11-55-17.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom