Hello again, solo traveler looking for ideas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rekcals83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for a vacation in November and figured this would be a good place to start looking around for one that would be good for me.

If you happen to be a solo traveler and have some hidden or not so hidden gems I'd love to hear about them!

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and Howdy! from Texas! Stateside have you checked out the keys? Lots of dive boats, but make reservations.

Just out of curiosity, have you looked at SingleDivers.com - Home? Setting up trips for divers traveling without a buddy is their specialty. They may have a trip planned that meets your needs.

You are a solo traveler, but are you a solo diver? And from your other thread, you've got a $2,500 total budget and don't want a live-aboard trip? Based out of KY, so you've got airfare concerns.

In the other thread, TarponChik mentioned Turquoise Bay Resort in Roatan, which gets good reviews and has a rep. for being budget friendly. I did a solo trip to CocoView; not in your budget, but not hugely beyond it.
My Research Notes from planning a Roatan Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Roatan Trip
CocoView Trip Report May 2021 - Trip Report - CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021

Cozumel is the quality/budget Caribbean king from the impression I get from the forum, when you're U.S.-based, and it does rocked. Loved my trip there. You could step down to a cheaper accommodation, and I read good things about Dive With Martin (especially if you need rental gear).
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Bonaire shore diving can get expensive due to airfare. On the forum, I've recently learned booking Wednesday-to-Wednesday can yield significant savings where that's concerned. Staying places that aren't waterfront tends to be cheaper. I stayed at Dive Hut in 2012; more recently I've learned of Tropical Dive Resort (offer a package deal) and Aqua Viva Suites (next door to V.I.P. Divers), and I'm taking a hard look at those last two for a possible hoped for future trip (note: TDR looks to have a cheaper package; V.I.P. Divers has 100-cf tanks, a rarity on Bonaire).

If you change your mind about live-aboards, do a search on the forum and read a couple of highly complimentary reviews of the Juliet live-aboard. If you really want budget, check out Blackbeards.
JlcNuke’s 2017 My Blackbeard's Cruise Report - My Blackbeard's Cruise Report Includes some need-to-know discussion about bathing and bathroom concerns.
T.C.’s Report on Blackbeards May 2014 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bahamas/484271-trip-report-blackbeard-s-cruises-24-30-may.html
Kimbalabala’s Blackbeards review 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wo...-liveaboard.html?highlight=Blackbeards+review
Craig66’s Question thread about Blackbeards - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...stion-about-dives-blackbeards-liveaboard.html

But don't pay list for a live-aboard in the Caribbean. Go to AggressorFleet.com or Explorer Fleet's website, and look up specials. In recent years Aggressor Fleet has had yearly 30+% off sales; last year I think it was in November? Bottom line, look for sales!

Back
Top Bottom