long watch strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justadyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
where can i get along nato strap 18 mm wide?
all the ones I can see are 11to11.5 long will not fit over wet suit. even bare wrist i am in last hole.

It's not the most elegant solution, but maybe buy two straps and link them together in series?

I'm wearing a leather dog collar.
Share your pain.

I've bought long straps made for scuba watches at the LDS-- $17 CAD. Can't recall the brand.

Curious what computer it's for. I have the aqualung i770r it came with a NATO style band that is 14" long and 1.125" wide. Not sure if you can buy it alone from them. I actually broke one of the pins that hold it to the computer and had my old LDS who was an aqualung dealer "order" them and aqualung sent them 2 at no charge. I have a smaller wrist so I replaced it and now it is the band for my compass.

Attachments

• 16329351890669064255110160805166.jpg
    16329351890669064255110160805166.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 53
Curious what computer it's for. I have the aqualung i770r it came with a NATO style band that is 14" long and 1.125" wide. Not sure if you can buy it alone from them. I actually broke one of the pins that hold it to the computer and had my old LDS who was an aqualung dealer "order" them and aqualung sent them 2 at no charge. I have a smaller wrist so I replaced it and now it is the band for my compass.

Its for a watch I wear while diving. strap can be no wider than 18MM. still looking for a long strap

This is the only long one I know of.

But, it's only 20mm and 22mm.

Maybe you can find something else on their site that will work for you.

I changed over to bungee cords. Now my computer fits over bare arms, wetsuit sleeves, and dry suit sleeves.

You could get the 20mm strap and then use a soldering iron or a hot nail to burn two divots at the lug points after determining the position of the watch on the strap. You will need to pull the pins to install of course. I have done this several times to fit longer straps to old watches that were 18mm. Most dive watches are 20mm or 22mm lugs.

James

I changed over to bungee cords. Now my computer fits over bare arms, wetsuit sleeves, and dry suit sleeves.
I have never seen a watch with bungee cords, not sure how that would work. The OP is asking for a longer strap for a watch. How do you put the bungees on a watch?

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom