xDeep Stealth 2.0 Tec Canister Light Position?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreckage

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Seeking the wisdom of the experts lurking in this forum, or anyone able to post a photo of how they mount their battery on their Rec/Tec harness.

I've tried the search function, and google but all I've found is pictures of how its mounted on the classic, which does not have the bolt to attach to the bladder.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to attach it above or under the bolt. (I've done it above in the photo.)

From a very novice sidemount diver,
Thanks a million.

Hey mate,

The crotch strap like you've done is one spot for it, but because your cannister is relatively small and the cable runs straight out, I'd mount it under the bladder up the spine. It'll sit right next to the weight pockets and you won't even know it's there. You can buy brackets like these or just make your own out of stainless flat and or bungee.

Cheers, Mike
7667CF94-3CD5-48B2-9F43-37E6118640A6.jpeg

Hey mate,

The crotch strap like you've done is one spot for it, but because your cannister is relatively small and the cable runs straight out, I'd mount it under the bladder up the spine. It'll sit right next to the weight pockets and you won't even know it's there. You can buy brackets like these or just make your own out of stainless flat and or bungee.

Cheers, Mike
View attachment 682543

Below the bolt. There’s likely images on ProTec Facebook posts or on Hidden Worlds Instagram.

Thank you gentlemen! It certainly sounds like I’ve got the luxury of choice with this harness. (Which I’ve been absolutely enjoying.)

There is no real wrong way to mount a light (as long as its streamline and can not get entangled) since every light is a little different and everyone's configurations are a little different so you will need to play around with it a bit.

Me personally I like it above the crotch strap bolt. Then it kind of tucks up under the bottom of the bladder. The cable I run tucked up behind the bladder and it comes out from behind the bladder under my armpit.

Harness is regular tec versions no modifications, light is UWLD 107wh battery.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I mount my D630 in the same way you do, above the wing attachment so it is covered by the wing. I put the canister lead at 90 degrees, and run the cable up along the spine and over my left shoulder, using cable ties to secure it along my spine to reduce open cabling.

There is no real wrong way to mount a light (as long as its streamline and can not get entangled) since every light is a little different and everyone's configurations are a little different so you will need to play around with it a bit.

Me personally I like it above the crotch strap bolt. Then it kind of tucks up under the bottom of the bladder. The cable I run tucked up behind the bladder and it comes out from behind the bladder under my armpit.

Harness is regular tec versions no modifications, light is UWLD 107wh battery.

View attachment 682618
View attachment 682619
View attachment 682620

I mount my D630 in the same way you do, above the wing attachment so it is covered by the wing. I put the canister lead at 90 degrees, and run the cable up along the spine and over my left shoulder, using cable ties to secure it along my spine to reduce open cabling.

Thank you! I’m excited to try it in the water to see how it affects my trim. It’s comforting to know I don’t have to redo my crotch strap, for now at least.

Thank you! I’m excited to try it in the water to see how it affects my trim. It’s comforting to know I don’t have to redo my crotch strap, for now at least.

How it affects your trim?
"Buoyancy: Negative 1.32 lbs. (600 g) Underwater"

1.3 lbs times the distance from your center of mass will not result in huge torque, does it?

If that amount of weight is a problem then you can mount it on your waist belt. Right, it's not neat, but OK.

Back
Top Bottom