Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do. Based on what India went through, as shown, below. Delta variant devastated the country with death toll about 3x of the first wave. It took 4 months (March-July) for the country to get over it.
View attachment 674557

Indonesia seems to follow India with about 4-month delay. Death toll from Delta variant was also as much as 3 times of the first wave. It seems the peak has been reached about 2 weeks ago, as shown, below. It now starts to go down hill to the baseline. If the India’s Delta variant wave of 4-month period, were reproduced in Indonesia’s Delta variant wave, my crystal ball says Indonesia could get over the Delta variant wave by November.

View attachment 674561

@Cert1967 sent me this article:
EXCLUSIVE Indonesia aims to reopen to foreigners in November - minister

Indonesian Health Minister, Budi Gunadi Sadikin, seems to agree on the November opening time :p

That's some article, Dan! Some excerpts from it:

""So for us we concentrate on the first dose. If we can vaccinate 70% of the target population of 208 million, if we can hit 140-150 million, 70% with the first dose, then we can gradually start reopening," he said.

"And my calculation is that will be reached by November.""

Oh? What are the odds of pulling that off, I wonder? It also raises a key question; Indonesia is a nation of islands. Let's say for sake of argument 70% of the 'target population' (eligible adults? Teens?) gets at least 1 shot of any COVID-19 vaccine available. I suspect vaccine rollout would be heaviest around major population centers, perhaps especially touristy ones, such as I hear Bali is.

So, in a nutshell, what I'm asking is...do you anticipate all of Indonesia opening up at the same time? Bali, Raja Ampat and Komodo?

"Indonesia has recorded more than 4.1 million coronavirus cases and 139,000 deaths from COVID-19, but the positivity rate - the number of those tested who are positive - has dropped. It was 31% in late July, but was 2% on Tuesday."

Sounds like the virus has been 'vaccinating' people. But that's a surprising drop in under 2 months!

I'm surprised to see this - "Indonesia, the world’s fourth most populous country, has the sixth highest number of people who have received their first vaccine dose, the minister said, after China, the United States, India, Brazil and Japan." But my question is, is that absolute number (which I suspect), or % of population (a much more meaningful number).

What do you think of this article, @Indah ?

Well on the plus side a couple days ago the Indonesian government released Permenkumham Number 34 stating that as of 15 September foreigners can now enter Indonesia again with visit visas and limited stay visas. So this is a step forward

https://www.imigrasi.go.id/en/2021/...nesia-melalui-peraturan-keimigrasian-terbaru/

copy of the official document can be found here (you will need to use Google translate) https://www.imigrasi.go.id/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PERMENKUMHAM-NO-34-2021.pdf

Also having just arrived in Indonesia about 2 months ago I have been diving and traveling around Jakarta, Lombok, Gili's, Bali, and Sulawesi I can say that it is actually fairly easy to travel but it is required that you are vaccinated. Also Lion Air Group as of now gives you free 20kg of checked baggage.

Another positive update the Indonesia Government has released a ministerial letter M-HH02-GR 02 02 that as of 17 September 7 airports in Indonesia are official port of entries now and Ngurah Rai Denpasar in Bali (aka DPS) is listed as one of them. Be for Soekarno Hatta in Jakarta was the only port of entry into Indonesia and you had to do your 8 days quarantine there now you can fly direct into Bali. Also a list of government approved quarantine hotels in Bali has been released (mostly 4 & 5 star hotels) and I'm sure many more hotels will be added to it.

Is the 70% still the prerequisite requirement because it is still a long way to achieve that figure?

Phuket has vaccinated over 75%(2 jabs) and still having problem at the moment.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019)
82% of the population is fully vaccinated but the infection is still lingering on.
900+ new cases today!

Is the 70% still the prerequisite requirement because it is still a long way to achieve that figure?

Phuket has vaccinated over 75%(2 jabs) and still having problem at the moment.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019)
82% of the population is fully vaccinated but the infection is still lingering on.
900+ new cases today!

Herd immunity probably works pretty well if the system is closed, but if you even have 100% vaccinated and keep introducing infected people, it'll break down, as vaccinated can still be carriers. 100% vaccinated population will be likely safe from death, but transmission still happens, as population would be unaware of transmission (not getting overly sick, so not testing). Then, unvaccinated comes and visits and gets infected and sick, even with 100% local population vaccinated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom