Should we put fork in DSS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSS backplates have standard 11" spacing for wing attachment. It should work with most, if not all, wings, as the 11" spacing is the industry standard. Just ask if the particular wing you're interested in has 11" spacing.
That is true if you are using a STA, otherwise if you are using the cam band slots in the plate (no STA) then they would have to line up with the slots in the wing.
The DGX gears wing will probably work and it has roll control cushions just like the Oxycheq wing. In fact it is a carbon copy of the Oxycheq Mach 5 wing and we know those work because you have one on your DSS plate and it works great.
I’ll bet Tobin never forgave you for that either.

That is true if you are using a STA, otherwise if you are using the cam band slots in the plate (no STA) then they would have to line up with the slots in the wing.
The DGX gears wing will probably work and it has roll control cushions just like the Oxycheq wing. In fact it is a carbon copy of the Oxycheq Mach 5 wing and we know those work because you have one on your DSS plate and it works great.
I’ll bet Tobin never forgave you for that either.

Thank you Eric!!

Do you know if a STA is needed with alternative wings? The only BP/W setup is the DSS kit so I have neither needed nor used a STA.

Thank you Eric!!

Do you know if a STA is needed with alternative wings? The only BP/W setup is the DSS kit so I have neither needed nor used a STA.
OK, everybody, let's make a list.

An STA is not needed with the following wings on a DSS plate:
- VDH
- Oxycheq Mach 5
-_______

Reactions: cib
Thank you Eric!!

Other than the DSS wing I used to have I’ve always used an STA. I prefer it to the sandwiched wing design. My Hollis, Halcyon, and Light Monkey wings all require an STA.

If your goal is no STA you will definitely be limited to just a few wings. Adding an STA opens up the list of available wings quite a bit.

My DSS backplate works with my Halcyon and my Hog wing.

Side note.. anyone selling another DSS backplate... and/or weight plates? I want another... :)

OK, everybody, let's make a list.

An STA is not needed with the following wings on a DSS plate:
- VDH
- Oxycheq Mach 5
-_______
Can confirm that DGX wing does work on the DSS plate with no STA required.

Can confirm that DGX wing does work on the DSS plate with no STA required.
I could try this combo next week … I’ll get my friend to bring it over and see if it goes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom