Best Caribbean diving--what do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you tell me where you stayed and which dive op you used please?

Sorry, my friend. I just saw your post....We stayed on the Aggressor liveaboard there, so we were at sea for 5 days. However, Dive Provo is a great operation there and very reputable!

Tarzana= just reading this looking for ideas and info for trip planning- my husband, the diver, has gone diving (a week at a time) twice in the last two years on Grand Turk with Blue Water Divers and loved the diving, the people (very small and personal company) and the island- we stayed at The Osprey (very small hotel right on a very nice beach and across the street from Blue Water)- the second trip, this Christmas, we rented a house but I spent a lot of time at the beach at the Bohio Resort while he was diving. IMO, you can't go wrong with Osprey and Blue Water !!

PS In case you do not know, Reef Divers, who runs Little Cayman Beach Resort, Cayman Brac Beach Resort and Cobalt Resort on GC, have just taken over management of East Bay Resort on South Caicos- they run a great dive op (we stayed at CBBR a few years ago) so you should give it a look ! It is on our radar right now.

Thank u ALL for the info... During Hurricane season I will not book but maybe in November or early December I can go. I guess the waters cool off then but hopefully I will find some spot that the waters are above 80. I spoiled here in Panama with the nice warm waters :)

@tarzana if you are still looking for a place to go, and do not want to do a LOB, I recommend a resort on Grand Turk called Bohio.

Bohio is run by Tom & Ginny, a couple of Canadian expats who settled on Grand Turk. Boat rides to the dive sites are typically in the 5 to 10 minute range. The dive sites are all walls that drop from a sandy shelf at 30-50 feet to the abyss. I saw more turtles there than I have ever seen at any other destination.

A typical day at Bohio will go something like this:
Get up & have breakfast
Get ready for your dive (including putting on your wetsuit because you won't have time on the boat)
1st dive (no rush)
Back to the Bohio for the surface interval - now is when you will place your lunch order
Back on the boat for your 2nd dive
After the dive, say "Hi" to the folks at the restaurant and go shower and get into some dry clothes.
About the time that you get back to the restaurant, your lunch order will be just about ready
Relax for the afternoon
Have dinner
Partake in any after dinner entertainment or just hang out.
Go to bed and repeat for the rest of the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom