wetsuit for very tall but super skinny man

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quinten Bart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi folks,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but imma try my luck.

I recently started a cursus for my diving license and wanted to buy a wetsuit. But the problem is that I can't seem to find any brand that fits my size. I am 199m tall my weight is 67kg chest size of 88cm and hips are 91cm. I think you can see my problem.

I have looked into some custom suits, but with my length I'll always be paying a lot for beggining to dive (Because I am a 16 year old boy getting payed minimum wage in the Netherlands)

I hope anyone has some suggestions, and otherwise I look more into custom suits.

Sadly custom or getting one tailored is about the only options.

I'm not sure being in Europe I know a couple in US the one I have being wetwear.

Lots of bench press, bro! j/k
Check out Fourth Element, the L Tall or XL Tall are pretty close other than the chest size. If you can find a local store that has those off sizes in stock, you could try them out to see.

Lots of bench press, bro! j/k
Check out Fourth Element, the L Tall or XL Tall are pretty close other than the chest size. If you can find a local store that has those off sizes in stock, you could try them out to see.
hahaha ok thank you I will look into it :wink:

I am over 2m (but ~113Kg) and many years ago I bought a Henderson hyperstretch 3mm. I am built more like a basketball player not football (US). It fits well. However the chest sizing for you might be an issue. Maybe you can find something similar, like a tall and not large tall size.
You might also consider a surfing wetsuit though it is made differently.
Lastly you could go two piece. I also have a 3mm jacket (front zipper) and kayak pants. You could size them seperately. That could be cheaper than a custom wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom