Scooter Rental-LONG term

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'd like to rent a scooter for three months while on the island next January. Anyone have a suggestion on facility and or pricing options?

TIA,

Following -- I'm jealous, and hope to do a long-term stay at some point also. Hoping this thread stays constructive, rather than "don't do it, you'll die instantly!!!"

I have had good experiences with short term scooter and car rentals at both Rentadora Isis and HTL Rentals. Both were Honda Dio scooters, and the HTL scooters were actually in newer condition than the Isis ones I have seen/rented. Both were about $20 a day for short-term rental, which is good for short-term but not 3 months! Both have been good to deal with, no bogus charges attempted. Of course, I video all rentals during the rental process too.

It would be worth checking with HTL and Isis to see what long-term rates they might offer -- everything is negotiable!

I'd like to rent a scooter for three months while on the island next January. Anyone have a suggestion on facility and or pricing options?

TIA,
Buy one and put a for sale sign on it the day you drive it away.

popcorn (2).jpg

For those suggesting to buy one and sell it -- I know that someone on just a tourist visa cannot title a motor vehicle. Wouldn't driving it without a plate for 3 months get you ticketed? And yes, I know some locals might do that, but I'm wondering if Gringos can get away with it.

Many Xpats have scooters on the island....that wont be an issue...I'd like to rent if at all possible.

Following -- I'm jealous, and hope to do a long-term stay at some point also. Hoping this thread stays constructive, rather than "don't do it, you'll die instantly!!!"

I have had good experiences with short term scooter and car rentals at both Rentadora Isis and HTL Rentals. Both were Honda Dio scooters, and the HTL scooters were actually in newer condition than the Isis ones I have seen/rented. Both were about $20 a day for short-term rental, which is good for short-term but not 3 months! Both have been good to deal with, no bogus charges attempted. Of course, I video all rentals during the rental process too.

It would be worth checking with HTL and Isis to see what long-term rates they might offer -- everything is negotiable!
Thanks! I just survived a BMW GS1250 hitting most of the Italian passes, so your right, I'll probably kill myself on a scooter:)

I'm going down for a few weeks end of October, so I'll inquire then for my Winter sabbatical!

@flyboy08 In addition to HTL and Isis, I've also heard some about Ernestos. They do specifically mention long-term rental discounts (Scooter and Jeep rentals rates at Ernesto's Rental ) but don't state how much. I've heard some trustworthy people on other sites recommend them, but I've also seen a decent bit of negative reviews for them compared to HTL and Isis.

For those suggesting to buy one and sell it -- I know that someone on just a tourist visa cannot title a motor vehicle. Wouldn't driving it without a plate for 3 months get you ticketed? And yes, I know some locals might do that, but I'm wondering if Gringos can get away with it.
I thought you were asking about an underwater scooter, didn't realize you wanted a 2-wheel version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom