SP PILOT O-RINGS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are, like all used gear, have some value to a very small group of the insane :) I want one just to see how they were made and to see first hand the concept, I would be interested.
I would like to get a hold of one... because it's different AND chrome!

Here is an annotated file from @rsingler who has a Pilot.
I trust his annotations to be more accurate than my guess work.

Attachments

• PilotSchematicAnnotated-Singler.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Finally have it apart seem very clean.

upload_2021-9-16_9-57-34.jpeg

So all of the magic happens inside this one piece
9864EFA1-9CEE-4592-8761-0C782AED836A.jpeg

I can easily see the design step to the AIR 1/D series and how those changes made tuning easier. The spring on the diaphragm link is interesting, wondering what change allowed it’s elimination.

So all of the magic happens inside this one piece
View attachment 682161

I can easily see the design step to the AIR 1/D series and how those changes made tuning easier. The spring on the diaphragm link is interesting, wondering what change allowed it’s elimination.
Unfortunately that is the one piece I’m having trouble removing the poppet cap without damaging it. Guess I’m gonna have to use the vice and use leather straps in between the jaws. Ugh

Unfortunately that is the one piece I’m having trouble removing the poppet cap without damaging it. Guess I’m gonna have to use the vice and use leather straps in between the jaws. Ugh
I remember Rob wrote about this part some time ago, I don’t recall the details but the disassembly was discussed.

I found a tool to help open the poppet retainer, mentioned in this thread.

I used thin jaw pliers rapped in leather. Actually wasn’t too corroded unscrewed fairly easy. Parts in the pilot valve sure are small. Pilot valve cutaway detail in Savvy, almost looks like the hard seat pulls out. Anyone know?

upload_2021-9-16_19-30-15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom