Extremely BAD News: Dutch Springs likely closing permanently ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Article has this quote: "The site is very popular and receives nearly half a million divers every year. "
That can't be correct, can it?

Nearly is a relative term.

The article has no specifics. It would be nice to see PADI make an investment to benefit and support East coast divers, but I'm not holding my breath (well-trained by PADI!).
delicious multiple meanings in this sentence, good post

If you add all the visitors to the water park, the number still doesn’t come close to half a million annually. The cost to run the quarry are staggering and it’s tough to recoup your investment with such a short season.

If you add all the visitors to the water park, the number still doesn’t come close to half a million annually. The cost to run the quarry are staggering and it’s tough to recoup your investment with such a short season.
Insurance must be the biggest expen$e. Anybody have a total count of how many deaths/drownings that have occurred at Dutch Springs over these many years?

That would be 1,370 divers a day, every day of the year. Not likely!

I can't imagine there being a average of 500 dives a day done there.

Sure there is! Every time a student pops up counts as another dive!

My kids instructor claimed to have 30,000 dives under his belt... 30,000?. I said yes Sir sounds amazing:rofl3:

Sure there is! Every time a student pops up counts as another dive!

My kids instructor claimed to have 30,000 dives under his belt... 30,000?. I said yes Sir sounds amazing:rofl3:

I did a shallow dive a while back my computer registered it as several because everytime I went over a rock I was so shallow the computer said not under anymore. We were laughing when we got out.

I did a shallow dive a while back my computer registered it as several because everything I went over a rock I was so shallow the computer said not under anymore. We were laughing when we got out.

I think I have mine set to not end the dive for ~ 10 min? If I'm with my kids we go up and down a good bit (they want to talk... haven't figured out the joy of diving is not talking).It's a little bit of a pain to manually end the dive, but it's not too hard. If I forget I see a long SS @ 0' on each dive.

It was funny before I set it, same thing... 15 dives in one day, lol.

It was funny before I set it, same thing... 15 dives in one day, lol.

I could do that in one hour at that site max depth in parts is 5 or 6 feet. It's a good dive though lots of critters and good VIS.

Let’s be honest, we’re not talking about a beachfront mansion here. Is anyone privy to the sale price or have knowledge of what comps in the area are going for? Can’t be more than a million or 2 dollars. Sounds like a lot of $ but it could easily be raised with a collaborative effort.
What I understand DS is comprised of two properties, one by the water park and the entrance area. What I understand the one went for 7 million and other 6 million, that is what I heard. It really does not matter because the developer will just up their offer.

Back
Top Bottom