Finally Pulled the Trigger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They aren't "Lot of people," they are just loud, obnoxious and annoying they sound like there is a lot of them :)

Hmm, I wonder what else that sentiment can be applied to...

Hmm, I wonder what else that sentiment can be applied to...

I have my own list but I'll probably be moderated if I share it here and banned from the thread so I'll keep it to myself :p

I don't see the point of the people that recommend Shearwater Peregrine at all.
In this case, I agree completely as the OP already got a G2, and didn’t ask for opinions on alternatives.

OP, great news you got some good gear. As long as you are happy with it, and know how to use it, that’s all that really matters.

In this case, I agree completely as the OP already got a G2, and didn’t ask for opinions on alternatives.

Hahahaha, it is incredible, isn't it?

I think that it is rude to say what was said earlier in the thread. As you said, he should be congratulated and wished the best with what he bought.

And I forgot to mention that the Scubapro G2 has everything the Perdix has and probably more. It is going to have dual modes for recreational and technical diving (GF) in an upcoming firmware update.

I ended up picking up a Hydros on my last trip. My PNW rig has never been suited for travel, but I spend a couple months a year diving in warm water and I realized I'd literally dove the same crappy jacket BCD enough times as a rental to have bought it. With only a handful of dives I love it, I hope the monoprene straps hold up, but I like the fit, streamlined wing, and how user serviceable most parts are. I'm pretty sure it will make my old Black Diamond obsolete. It doesn't hold as much integrated weight, but I can swap to a weight harness and the strap system.

Seems like you found a good setup that should serve you unless you move into serious tech diving.

I took the weight pockets off of my Hydros Pro too. They are just too bulky (and unattractive in my opinion).

I took the weight pockets off of my Hydros Pro too. They are just too bulky (and unattractive in my opinion).
I like these better than previous scubapro ones as it least they don't seem inclined to flop loose as they have some structure. I dealt with that with my brothers travel rig which steered me away from SP for years. (Though the SureLock system has had its own set of issues, and don't get me started on the AL Rogue). I changed the color on mine out of pure vanity, but I may ditch them. I do like how I can strap things down on the outside of the weight pocket.

I like these better than previous scubapro ones as it least they don't seem inclined to flop loose as they have some structure. I dealt with that with my brothers travel rig which steered me away from SP for years. (Though the SureLock system has had its own set of issues, and don't get me started on the AL Rogue). I changed the color on mine out of pure vanity, but I may ditch them. I do like how I can strap things down on the outside of the weight pocket.
I’m thinking of ditching mine as well but one thing I like is that it’s easy to see which weights are mine on the boat while everyone else is trunk to figure out which belt is there’s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom