Alternative to DAN insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am reaching out asking, does anyone use and other Diving insurance than DAN? And if so who and why?

Thanks

Not me. For the price you pay and the history DAN has why search for an alternative?

I agree. Travel insurance I can understand. There are several good alternatives out there. The depth and breadth of the dive accident insurance as well as the service (in my opinion) is not available anywhere else.

I am reaching out asking, does anyone use and other Diving insurance than DAN? And if so who and why?

Thanks

Dive Accident Insurance? Given what DAN does for diving and what DAN offers divers, why in the heck would you look elsewhere? I've been a proud DAN member and a DAN dive accident insurance customer since 2005.

Travel insurance, professional liability insurance, equipment insurance ... sure, there are other good options. But when it comes to dive accident insurance, no one else comes close.

If you really want something other than DAN try DiveAssure.

Just remember, when you get on board a dive boat; they never ask for your DiveAssure Card. They ask for your DAN card.

There are several Midwestern quarries that ask for your DAN card. One requires you to have DAN insurance to dive at that location. My tech class specified DAN insurance was required.

If you really want something other than DAN try DiveAssure.

Just remember, when you get on board a dive boat; they never ask for your DiveAssure Card. They ask for your DAN card.

DiveAssure is not valid in your country of residence. It does not cover older divers. It does not cover you if you dive deeper than your "certification limit." Good luck with figuring out exactly what THAT means!

Just get DAN and stop trying to save pennies on something that pays off in thousands.

Just get DAN and stop trying to save pennies on something that pays off in thousands.

Exactly. There really is no justification for shopping around. Just join DAN and buy the best dive accident insurance package they offer in your location. You really cannot go wrong. God forbid you have an accident, but if you do, it will pay off in spades.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom