SP PILOT O-RINGS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it best to just order Viton for everything?

Most of the time, yes. But we are talking about a tiny seal that probably serves as a seat also.

This is where I am at a big disadvantage. I've not even seen the inside of a non-converted Pilot before, so not knowing the exact application or the suggested duro puts me into a guessing game. The design engineer (Tony Christianson-a pretty sharp cookie) chose Neoprene so I would order at least a few of those AND EPDM and possibly Viton to play with it and see how it feels, fits and functions.

What state is the original seal in? Probably rotted away by now, but if not, compare it's softness to the seals you order.

BTW I've "reported" myself in hope that a Mod will move our side rail conversation to the "repairing your own gear" forum.

By way can you guys please move the Pilot stuff into its own thread, this thread is getting filled up on the topic and I keep getting alerts which have no meaning to me. Yes, it's my thread and I'll moan if I want to.

By way can you guys please move the Pilot stuff into its own thread, this thread is getting filled up on the topic and I keep getting alerts which have no meaning to me. Yes, it's my thread and I'll moan if I want to.

Hi @buddhasummer

I self reported a while ago so that a Mod could move our crap out of your thread.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was created, at the request of a user, by moving posts related specificially to SP Pilot O-rings and service, from another thread (For sale - Beat the price).

Cool, more useful having this in its own post, I’m hoping to find an original pilot one of these days, I have two converted ones and a bunch of AIR 1’s, just bought another one. Need a few D400 poppets to add 9-ring seats to.

Cool, more useful having this in its own post, I’m hoping to find an original pilot one of these days, I have two converted ones and a bunch of AIR 1’s, just bought another one. Need a few D400 poppets to add 9-ring seats to.
Are they worth anything? I think I have a few laying around somewhere.

Are they worth anything? I think I have a few laying around somewhere.
They are, like all used gear, have some value to a very small group of the insane :) I want one just to see how they were made and to see first hand the concept, I would be interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom