Volunteer opportunities in Social Marketing here at ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We're looking for divers who have experience in marketing, where Social Media like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Pinterest and other channels hold no secrets for you anymore. Who is willing to come onboard and show the elder generations the gimmicks in the world of Social Media?

We're looking for divers who have experience in marketing, where Social Media like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Pinterest and other channels hold no secrets for you anymore. Who is willing to come onboard and show the elder generations the gimmicks in the world of Social Media?

I found it ironic that this post was adjacent to the thread labeled "A Scuba Diving Instructor Salary Explained - How much do Dive Instructors earn?"
and wonder how marketing professionals would react.

I found it ironic that this post was adjacent to the thread labeled "A Scuba Diving Instructor Salary Explained - How much do Dive Instructors earn?"
and wonder how marketing professionals would react.
I can answer that, as I have an MBA in marketing, and a full time job. I don’t have the time to volunteer full time, but can help out weekend mornings for free for three reasons:
1) Scuba-board has been a wealth of FREE information for me during my unemployed years, every person giving of their knowledge as best they can. I thank you all.
2) SCUBA Sport is not NFL, MLB or even frickin’ bad-mitten with rich sponsors - there is no money in it.
3) I believe I am helping the world when I proselytize about SCUBA, and I am happy to spread the word to get more young people to join up as part of careers in science.
Now, as a middle aged church lady, my skills are limited to Facebook, which can be linked to other social media that younger people use, like Snapchat, so I’ll have to ask my daughter and niece for help there. But for Divers that photograph, there is no end of pretty pictures to share.

Indeed, the best way to make a million dollars in Scuba is to start off with two. :(

This is a chance to share some insights and hopefully some skills. While it's always possible for it to turn into more, most volunteers at this level should probably expect an hour, two, or probably less, taken out of their schedule each week. You should be learning as you go and we've had some volunteers go on to make a good living in this field.

FWIW, I think @Bubblesong put it very well. If you've benefitted from ScubaBoard, consider giving back a bit.

This is a good idea. I’ve wondered why it wasn’t noted on the SB FB page when the board was having issues and such.

I’m from VA but my mother is from Cali (the real Cali not the state). I came to Bogotá about 7 years ago.

Barranquilla is nice. I was surprised the first time I went there. Lots of good Arabic restaurants.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom