Scubapro 94.6 steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are the numbers as they appear on the oldest of tanks .
t-3aa 3000
2666 5y
P
8p81+

I'm using two 94.6 steel 3000s .

The basic facts you give are accurate, it's capacity is 94.6 cuft (most would just say 95), and its service pressure is 3000#. If you would have said it had 95 cuft at 3000#, someone may have explained it to you before now.

Most proffessionals won't rely on what you tell them, they will check the tank markings as they are always accurate.

Thanks to everyone who has replied . I would ask you to bear with me for a minute as I try to explain . If the crowd is correct here I have no other option then to admit my mistake but please think about this for a minute from my perspective .
Can you even fathom how many times over 40 years these tanks have been hydro d ??
What do you have sir ?? I have two 94.6 3000 psi steel tanks to be hydro d . OK
Can you even imagine how many times they have presented themselves for VIP ??
What do you got ?? I got two 3000 steel 94.6 for annuals . OK
How many times over 40 years have they been filled with gas ??
What do you need ?? I got two 94.6 3000 fill em with 21% . OK
If these tanks could talk .
All the way from Massachusetts to Key West FLA to dive with Capt Billy Deans
What kind of gear are you using today sir ?? I'm using two 94.6 steel 3000s .
OK
How many times have they been on the U853 first on my own boat then with capt Frankie Long on the Argonaut then with Capt Wayne Gordon the Canned Air .
My point is after all those years and after all those encounters nobody ever pulled me aside and said ," Hey Richard just so you know those are not 94.6 at 3000 psi . You've been mislead here ". The man who sold them to me was my mentor and I had no reason to doubt him .
I don't want to beat a dead horse here so let me end with this .

Imagine being told by a person you could trust that this couple was your parents . Over the course of 40 years there were many holidays and birthdays and party's family functions and at every one you introduced this couple as your parents . Nobody ever took you aside and told you any different . Then one day on a public forum you find out they are not your parents .

You’re right…it really doesn’t matter until you try and sell your parents on SB. :D

You still doubt them after what they've shared?
You still doubt them after what they've shared?

Thank you for your response . I want to apologize as I am being distracted by two in the room as I try to write this . The one to my left ( Mr W Magg ) looking over my shoulder is like your drunken uncle . He is loud and obnoxious and I had been fore warned that if I hung around with him I would eventually get into trouble . But I would not want to be on his receiving end . He is trying to tell me how to respond . The other one in the corner ( Mr C H TAC ) is ever more menacing for he doesn't talk just sort of stands there and looks at me . I find this to be even more unsettling more menacing than Mr Maggs antics . Unfortunately for Mr Tac and I can attest to this if provoked you will feel him LONG LONG before you hear him . So I do not want to share what they are saying right now .

The only thing that the crowd has SHARED with me is that I was Lied to at the initial sale of these tanks and that I have been perpetuating that lie for a long long time . Thank you to everyone who brought that to my attention as you can tell from my initial response it was a hard pill for me to swallow . . If my math is correct at 3000psi these are 86 cubic feet tanks . Once again thank you for telling me I ( and I have a friend who owns 8 of these tanks who though the same as I did ) that I was wrong . If I have intentionally mis represented these tanks I apologize . In as much as I have shown that over the years there were MANY MANY people who could have corrected me that for what ever reason they did not at the end of the day I take full responsibility for not knowing .

My only intent here was to sell my tanks to somebody so that they may enjoy them as much as I have . At 300 dollars with 100 into them I am not going to get rich .

So to everybody who SHARED this discovery I personally thank you . Thank you for bringing this injustice to my attention . I shall now make it my mission to tell all my friends who were also mislead as I was of this crime .

Richard C. Welk iv

@richard Welk iv, the other folks who've chimed in about those tanks are correct. With those tanks, as is common with many LP tanks now, the labled volume of air they hold is when they are overfilled by 10%. I doubt you were lied to. Many people simply don't know that the stated volume is with that 10% overfill. I suspect it's more of a simple error/lack of understanding on someone else's part. It sounds like you got many great years diving with those tanks, and remember, we dive because it's fun!

Thank you for your response . I want to apologize as I am being distracted by two in the room as I try to write this . The one to my left ( Mr W Magg ) looking over my shoulder is like your drunken uncle . He is loud and obnoxious and I had been fore warned that if I hung around with him I would eventually get into trouble . But I would not want to be on his receiving end . He is trying to tell me how to respond . The other one in the corner ( Mr C H TAC ) is ever more menacing for he doesn't talk just sort of stands there and looks at me . I find this to be even more unsettling more menacing than Mr Maggs antics . Unfortunately for Mr Tac and I can attest to this if provoked you will feel him LONG LONG before you hear him . So I do not want to share what they are saying right now .

The only thing that the crowd has SHARED with me is that I was Lied to at the initial sale of these tanks and that I have been perpetuating that lie for a long long time . Thank you to everyone who brought that to my attention as you can tell from my initial response it was a hard pill for me to swallow . . If my math is correct at 3000psi these are 86 cubic feet tanks . Once again thank you for telling me I ( and I have a friend who owns 8 of these tanks who though the same as I did ) that I was wrong . If I have intentionally mis represented these tanks I apologize . In as much as I have shown that over the years there were MANY MANY people who could have corrected me that for what ever reason they did not at the end of the day I take full responsibility for not knowing .

My only intent here was to sell my tanks to somebody so that they may enjoy them as much as I have . At 300 dollars with 100 into them I am not going to get rich .

So to everybody who SHARED this discovery I personally thank you . Thank you for bringing this injustice to my attention . I shall now make it my mission to tell all my friends who were also mislead as I was of this crime .

Richard C. Welk iv
I was in no way trying to discount your tanks. They are my absolute favorite single tanks. I use them here for river diving and I keep a pair in Burbank for when I am out on the left coast.
I doubt you were intentionally lied to, most people have absolutely no clue at all about anything regarding tanks. They just repeat what somebody else told them.

I was in no way trying to discount your tanks. They are my absolute favorite single tanks. I use them here for river diving and I keep a pair in Burbank for when I am out on the left coast.
I doubt you were intentionally lied to, most people have absolutely no clue at all about anything regarding tanks. They just repeat what somebody else told them.
Thank you . All I would like to do is for somebody to enjoy theses tanks as much as I do . At 67 I really do not need all this gear . If I got hot I apologize but just remember this is the first I heard of this . Since neither the manufacturer nor the end seller has responded to my many requests ( " your silence speaks volumes ". ) I can only conclude there is some truth in this business practice .

Richard

Thank you . All I would like to do is for somebody to enjoy theses tanks as much as I do . At 67 I really do not need all this gear . If I got hot I apologize but just remember this is the first I heard of this . Since neither the manufacturer nor the end seller has responded to my many requests ( " your silence speaks volumes ". ) I can only conclude there is some truth in this business practice .

Richard
The manufacturer went out of business years ago. They will definitely not respond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom