Regulator First Stage DIN Dust Cap with O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I already have the DIN dust caps without the o-ring, I just wanted to find the one I saw a while back that had an o-ring inside it to test it :)

Do you have a high quality one ? I have a couple of models and one is total junk and does is not seal properly the other is well made and works really well. You need to make sure the face is flat and the threads to allow you to screw the reg all the way in and that would make a solid seal. Double stacking the orings will make it worse as it will not allow the oring to be compressed properly

Do you have a high quality one ? I have a couple of models and one is total junk and does is not seal properly the other is well made and works really well. You need to make sure the face is flat and the threads to allow you to screw the reg all the way in and that would make a solid seal. Double stacking the orings will make it worse as it will not allow the oring to be compressed properly

I really don't know what brand and where I purchased the ones I have at all. I am all "ears" for suggestions on good brands.

I really don't know what brand and where I purchased the ones I have at all. I am all "ears" for suggestions on good brands.
I remember I got these good ones at DGE but it was 8+ years ago and they do not have a name on them

You could measure the ID of the DIN cap and purchase a 2mm or so O-ring with an OD just ever so larger and push it down in there. It would stay put I imagine. N

Some seal against the existing O-ring better than others.
DGX Threaded Delrin Dust Cap for DIN Regulator

I have some of Delrin and milled aluminum, which seal quite well, against the existing male o-ring; but they certainly do not possess one themselves . . .

2F8B0D2F-00EC-49D2-91E9-4EE7984EBB2F.jpeg

O-ring to O-ring makes no sense. You need a dust cap with a flat interior sealing ‘lip’ for the DIN O-ring to seal against. Similar to the red one above. Mine are delrin and they seal water tight.

Back
Top Bottom