Divelogs for Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattspiral8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi guys,
I am thinking of doing a Liveaboard sometime soon, thinking Red Sea liveaboards. I read that some require you do have atleast 50 logged dives. So my question is, Are they really that strict about checking your dive logs? I have over 200 dives now, but i pretty much stopped logging my dives after i got my AOW which was around 25 dives then.

It changes depending on the operator.

Safest thing to do is just contacting them and asking

Best to go with a well-known operator in the Red Sea and not one that nobody has heard of or that you cannot easily get in contact with.

I have over 200 dives now, but i pretty much stopped logging my dives after i got my AOW which was around 25 dives then.

Why?

I've done multiple trips with the on the Aggressor and Explorer Venture boats over the years and never been asked for a log. Good thing, too, since I haven't logged a dive since my OW/AOW courses.

I was on Red Sea Aggressor once and they didn’t check my logbook. Having AOW would be good enough and DM would evaluate you during checkout dive too.

There was a Chinese couple on the boat at the time. The Chinese man did AOW at the boat with only having 5 dives coming into the boat. The Chinese woman, who was a DM and a very experienced diver, ended up to be my dive buddy most of the time while the man taking the course.

Trip Report - BDE Trip Report, 21-28 December, 2019

Some dive sites (elphinestone, brothers isles, daedalus rock, etc) require a bit more experience (drift diving, current, depth) and I believe government has put a minimum diving experience on divers wanting to participate on such dives.

The min 50 dives rule comes from that. Best to check with the organiser. On all but 1 of the Red Sea cruises I've been on, they've asked my log, regardless of my certification level.

Should not be hard. If you didn't log your dives, just show the log on your dive computer. By the way, if you haven't logged your dives in any way, how do you know you've done 200?

@mattspiral8

I have been on several liveaboards that theoretically had a minimum dive requirement, including 2 weeks on the Red Sea Aggressor 1 in 2016. I have never been asked to see my logbook, though I was prepared to share it.

By the way, if you haven't logged your dives in any way, how do you know you've done 200?

A very good point

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom