Trying to put together a flow limiter / pressure gauge combination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctormike

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey, some of you probably have done something like this before, or might know if my idea has any potential risks.

I use a divesoft flow limiter to analyze gas, up to 100% O2, from tanks with DIN valves. Minimizes gas wastage and avoids pressure damage to the sensor from just holding the analyzer to the open valve:

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 12.23.16 AM.png

I would like to be able to measure tank pressure at the same time. I have written DiveSoft about the possibility of adapting a pressure gauge to what appears to be a side port, but haven't heard back.

So I was thinking of getting this item:

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 12.28.48 AM.png

and attaching the flow limiter to one side of the T, and a DIN pressure gauge to the other side:

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 12.23.36 AM.png

Makes sense?

Thanks!

Mike

I know someone localish who did just that. Added a gauge to the Dive Soft pro flow limiter. I tried his flow limiter out before buying my own.

Thanks! I don’t have the pro version, just the standard. Mind sharing a pic or contact info?

Check your PMs.

Hey, some of you probably have done something like this before, or might know if my idea has any potential risks.

I use a divesoft flow limiter to analyze gas, up to 100% O2, from tanks with DIN valves. Minimizes gas wastage and avoids pressure damage to the sensor from just holding the analyzer to the open valve:

View attachment 680952

I would like to be able to measure tank pressure at the same time. I have written DiveSoft about the possibility of adapting a pressure gauge to what appears to be a side port, but haven't heard back.

So I was thinking of getting this item:

View attachment 680956

and attaching the flow limiter to one side of the T, and a DIN pressure gauge to the other side:

View attachment 680957

Makes sense?

Thanks!

Mike

https://eshop.divesoft.com/us/analyzer-utilities/adapter-m12x1-g5-8/1512

- brett

the T thing should work, but you will not get a accurate pressure reading with flow through the flow limiter due to the venturi effect, if the flow limiter has a shut off valve on it then you golded

the T thing should work, but you will not get a accurate pressure reading with flow through the flow limiter due to the venturi effect, if the flow limiter has a shut off valve on it then you golded
Right, I would open the tank valve, check pressure, then open the needle valve on the limiter to analyze…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom