Scubapro 94.6 steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your math isn't the issue. Tank volume is given at tank working pressure. Not rated pressure.
Working pressure on that tank is 3300. It is 94 cf at 3300.
You can believe what you wish, but it doesn't change facts.
ONCE AGAIN THE WORKING PRESSURE STAMPED ON THE NECK OF THE TANK IS 3000 NOT 3300 . IF IT WERE 3300 IT WOULD BE STAMPED ON THE TANK . SO YOU ARE TELLING ME THE TANK IS RATED FOR 3000 BUT HAS A WORKING PRESSURE OF 3300 ??

ONCE AGAIN THE WORKING PRESSURE STAMPED ON THE NECK OF THE TANK IS 3000 NOT 3300 . IF IT WERE 3300 IT WOULD BE STAMPED ON THE TANK . SO YOU ARE TELLING ME THE TANK IS RATED FOR 3000 BUT HAS A WORKING PRESSURE OF 3300 ??
ALSO YOU ARE TELLING ME I CAN OVER FILL THAT TANK TO 3630 PSI BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE PLUS SIGN MEANS . IT CAN BE OVER FILLED BY 10% OF IT'S WORKING PRESSURE ?

Try reading any of the other 100 threads on how LP and + rated tanks work.

They are 94cf at 3300psi

Ya don't really need all the caps.

Working pressure is 3000#, scuba tank volume is given for the + rated pressure of 3300#. It's a marketing thing.

And since they are no longer + rated, they're 85cf tanks at 3000psi now.
So I bought those two tanks in 1991 and 92 and I have been mislead all these years ??

And my shop tells me that if they pass hydro they can still be over filled by 10% . So they are wrong too ??

So my 100 cubic foot tanks that are stamped 3442 how big are they ?? They are not 100 cubic feet ??

So I bought those two tanks in 1991 and 92 and I have been mislead all these years ??

Yes. A lot of folks, even at diveshop just repeat what they hear and never verify the facts.

And my shop tells me that if they pass hydro they can still be over filled by 10% . So they are wrong too ??

If they do that for you, I wouldn't correct them, but don't expect that from other shops.

So my 100 cubic foot tanks that are stamped 3442 how big are they ?? They are not 100 cubic feet ??
3442 rated tanks are exemption tanks, they do not get an overfill. They are apprx 100 cf at 3442.
I'm not sure why you are so upset, I wasn't trying to be a dick, just trying to share a bit of knowledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom