Casa Mexicana Breakfast Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try and get a south facing room on the top floor without an adjoining room. But, by all means, stay at Casa Mexicana. It's top notch.

Only negative is the pool is very shallow and fairly small if that matters to you.

True... However, during the winter months when that little pool is heated to about 90 degrees (perhaps the only heated pool on the island since they added a heater a few years ago) it sure beats any of the big ice cold pools at other places.

And as another mentioned, if diving with 3P's you certainly want to book their dive and stay package with Casa Mexicana accommodations. Jeanie at 3P's knows the best cheaper "City View" rooms the Casa has that offer water views that rival their more expensive "Deluxe Ocean View' rooms. Because of the close relationship 3P's has with Casa Management (especially during Covid when 3P's keeps filling rooms) you are almost assured that you'll get one of those or one of the very best Deluxe Ocean View rooms if you decide to go the more expensive Deluxe Room route. I've done the more expensive Deluxe Rooms and, quite frankly, unless you can secure one on the 5th floor I'll take a 4th or 5th floor City View room that Jeanie can land any any day at a significant savings.

We plan on staying there for 3 weeks this December (City View diving with 3P's). For the location, cleanliness, heated pool and free breakfast (if we want to pre-order the night before) it is a no-brainer for us.

If you don't care about a heated pool, free breakfast or being a block back from the waterfront in town check out the new Quinta Suites that is just around the corner and 1 block back from the Casa Mexicana. Nice place and is getting some great reviews. Some of our friends are staying there this December but I refuse to give up the Casa's heated pool in December after a dive and the free breakfast. I think Jeanie at 3P's has an in with them as well but they haven't updated their website yet with that option... Worth checking the Quinta Suites out if diving with 3P's or elsewhere. https://www.quinta-suites.com/

I'm at Casa Mex now. I place my breakfast order at front reception the night before; it's delivered promptly to my table shortly after 7 a.m.

We just got back from 10 days at Casa Mexicana. We went down around ~6:50am and ordered breakfast most days. No issues getting Aldora boats at 7:30am (now at old Aqua Safari pier) which is right across the street from Casa Mexicana basically.

I do miss the breakfast buffet and hope it returns in the future :-(

I really don't understand the difference between made to order, and just having servers at the buffet putting the food on the plate for you.

I really don't understand the difference between made to order, and just having servers at the buffet putting the food on the plate for you.
One difference is that in the first case the preparer cracks fresh eggs out of the fridge while in the second the eggs have been cooked for some period of time and hopefully kept in sanitary conditions until they are served.

Does anyone who has stayed at the Casa Mexicana recently know whether their breakfast buffet is being offered, or is there some other breakfast arrangement?

Replying from the lobby at Casa Mexicana...

Order off the menu. If you've got an early start you can order the night before, with the time you want the food. It will be on the table starting at 7:00 exactly.

[PURE SPECULATION]
They've been cleaning the buffet area for the last few days. Maybe it's just the usual fastidious cleaning here, or maybe they'll return to the buffet now that restrictions in QR are easing
[/PURE SPECULATION]

The buffet had a wider choice of items and you get personalized portion control.

I think Snoweman means the difference as far as helping to prevent Covid, when comparing buffet served by employees vs made to order.

Back
Top Bottom