Bari Reef Tarpon Night Dive - Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cpace

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wife and I dove Bari Reef one night during our August 18-28th trip. As soon as we hit the water a single large tarpon arrived and by the end of the dive there were three. A little unnerving at first, then entertaining and then annoying. They were using our lights to hunt. Focusing on typical night dive subjects was impossible with the tarpon approaching so closely. I believe we were the only ones in the water at Bari and Buddy Reefs which made us "it".

Buddy's reef was deserted on a night dive?! Typically one of the most popular night dive sites. Glad you enjoyed Bari and the tarpon.

Buddy's reef was deserted on a night dive?! Typically one of the most popular night dive sites.

We were staying at Sand Dollar in A-3, very close to Dive Friends. For most of our stay we were the only ones staying in building A. Sand Dollar as a whole was a ghost town. Kinda surprising because Buddy and Captain Don's looked busy.

I had one brush my shoulder one night swimming in from an osctracod dive down south. We had five or so of them follow us in once we turned on the lights. I keep meaning to go out just to video the tarpons but haven't gotten around to it yet.

What is the name of the restaurant that serves fire pit Argentinian meat and is run by Pablo?

Someone said on another post that Bari reef has been trashed by construction debris. He hadn't seen it himself, just heard it. Is this true?

If you go left to front porch and the wreck, it's a sandy slope with some construction junk on it. Go right towards Buddy's and it's a proper reef gradually turning into a wall further North.

If you go left to front porch and the wreck, it's a sandy slope with some construction junk on it. Go right towards Buddy's and it's a proper reef gradually turning into a wall further North.
What wreck?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom