Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I just tossed my Cressi Leonardo into the garbage, and won’t ever buy another Cressi product again.

Here’s the end of the story: Someone here had posted that doing a factory reset via the PC link interface would fix the problem. I finally found my Cressi cradle interface. It was difficult to get the infrared to read the computer (because the screen doesn’t work) but I was able, through trial & error, to get it to work on my Windows PC

Turns out you can’t reset the Leonardo this way.

I then tried to make it work on my Mac. But Apple wouldn’t let me download & install the Cressi software, because it says Cressi isn’t a recognized provider.

I don’t need a backup dive computer that badly. It’s gone.

Of course you can't reset the leo that way: it's a one-way infra-red emitter that just keeps beaming up the logs in the loop. There is no such option in their pc software, no signal back from the cradle to the computer, and generally: just no.

Of course you can't reset the leo that way: it's a one-way infra-red emitter that just keeps beaming up the logs in the loop. There is no such option in their pc software, no signal back from the cradle to the computer, and generally: just no.

Yeah, it was a Hail Mary pass, based on an earlier post. Anyway, it's all over now. No more Cressi. I LOVE MY SHEARWATER TERIC!

Hello,

I would like to assist you.
If your Leonardo or your Giotto dive computer does not show the display after a battery replacement we kindly invite you to send an e-mail to returns@cressiusa.com with the details of the product:
  • Model
  • Serial Number. It's engraved on the back of the computer near the battery cover
  • Date of purchase
  • Your e-mail address
  • Your shipping address and phone number.
We will answer you in a couple of days maximum, we will issue an RA number (to write outside the package) and we will ask you to send the computer to our Cressi US subsidiary:

Cressi-sub USA, Inc.
Returns Department
3 Rosol Ln
Saddle Brook NJ

The computer will be evaluated by our technician and we will fix the blank screen. In any case, we will advise you of the result of our evaluation by e-mail. If the computer will be restored to the original factory settings the blank screen will no longer happen again on future changes of batteries. The freight for sending back the computer to you it's at our charge.

NOTE: you cannot do a factory or memory reset using the PC/MAC interface. Only the Cressi company can do it, so please contact us.

NOTE: you can contact us also through the Cressi website (www.cressi.com) but be sure to be on the right side of the website by clicking the flag on top. On the top-right menu choose Support > Contacts.

We hope to be of help here on this forum as well. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Michael B.
After Sales Service
Cressi

Hello everyone, I had the same problem with my Cressi yesterday. After changing the battery after a while without using, the display was dead, but the computer still made noises when I pressed the main button.
Today I called the local dealer where I bought the computer. As I described the problem, he already knew it because it had come up several times in the past.
The good thing is that his Cressi Key Acocunter has meanwhile told my local dealer how to solve the problem.
And indeed - after 10 minutes of rebooting on the laptop in the shop, the dive computer works fine again.
So you don't have to throw away your computers - the problem is known at Cressi and can be fixed - even by local shops when they know what to do!

Hello,

I would like to assist you.
If your Leonardo or your Giotto dive computer does not show the display after a battery replacement we kindly invite you to send an e-mail to returns@cressiusa.com with the details of the product:
  • Model
  • Serial Number. It's engraved on the back of the computer near the battery cover
  • Date of purchase
  • Your e-mail address
We will answer you in a couple of days maximum, we will issue an RA number (to write outside the package) and we will ask you to send the computer to our Cressi US subsidiary:

Cressi-sub USA, Inc.
Returns Department
3 Rosol Ln
Saddle Brook NJ

The computer will be evaluated by our technician and we will fix the blank screen. In any case, we will advise you of the result of our evaluation by e-mail. If the computer will be restored to the original factory settings the blank screen will no longer happen again on future changes of batteries. The freight for sending back the computer to you it's at our charge.

NOTE: you cannot do a factory or memory reset using the PC/MAC interface. Only the Cressi company can do it, so please contact us.

NOTE: you can contact us also through the Cressi website (www.cressi.com) but be sure to be on the right side of the website by clicking the flag on top. On the top-right menu choose Support > Contacts.

We hope to be of help here on this forum as well. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Michael B.
After Sales Service
Cressi
You guys are not really offering a feedback. Two mails already to limbo

UPDATE

Hello,

We would like to assist anybody that has problems with Creddi dive computers.
If you are located in the America continent and if your Leonardo or your Giotto dive computer does not show the display after a battery replacement we kindly invite you to send an e-mail to returns@cressiusa.com with the details of the product:
  • Model
  • Date of purchase
  • Your e-mail address

Cressi-sub USA, Inc.
Returns Department
3 Rosol Ln
Saddle Brook NJ
U.S.A.

NOTE: you can contact Cressi also through the Cressi website (www.cressi.com) but be sure to be on the right side of the website by clicking the flag on top. On the top-right menu choose Support > Contacts.
If you are not located in the American continent please visit the www.cressi.com website and visit the Support > Contacts page for having assistance.

Michael B.
After Sales Service
Cressi

You guys are not really offering a feedback. Two mails already to limbo
Hello,
We apologize for the delays in answering the e-mails sent to returns@cressiusa.com. We are improving our internal procedures for increasing the performance of giving assistance every day.

Thank you for your patience.

Michael B.
After Sales Service
Cressi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom