aqualung legend elite din ACD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k954triniz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
is it okay to submerged in fresh water post dive any first stage with the acd feature. i have been told yes and no from different associates at the same dive shop. ive had it for a year now and dove it about 50 times and submerge it in fresh water after every dive. nut i just want to know forsure, hopefully i haven't done any damage inside if submerging it isnt an issue. no issues with it so far but being sure in this hobby is always a good thing.

You'll hear arguments on both sides. I have a Legend with ACD that has internal corrosion due to water intrusion. I learned not to soak my regs wide open.

The best bet is to only soak your regulators when pressurized on a tank or pony.

My wife has a Legend regulator. She has dropped it in saltwater, soaked it, sprayed it and everything else. I take it apart to service it now and then and it is immaculate inside. If the shutter valve is functioning properly, there is no way water can get inside. If there is debris in the ACD from perhaps a rusty, dirty tank, or who knows what, then it might be possible for water to get past the ACD.

My answer is then a conditional yes, it would be okay.

N

lol i guess this really is a debate and something no one can agree on. like i said i havent had an issue with my regs even took it for the one year inspection( not service, so they didnt take it apart) everything was fine the service professional said. i take extreme care of my gear, people has said im overly careful. which i dont think is a bad thing in dive being that my gear is my life support. im actually curious now on how the inside of mine looks
You'll hear arguments on both sides. I have a Legend with ACD that has internal corrosion due to water intrusion. I learned not to soak my regs wide open.

The best bet is to only soak your regulators when pressurized on a tank or pony.

My wife has a Legend regulator. She has dropped it in saltwater, soaked it, sprayed it and everything else. I take it apart to service it now and then and it is immaculate inside. If the shutter valve is functioning properly, there is no way water can get inside. If there is debris in the ACD from perhaps a rusty, dirty tank, or who knows what, then it might be possible for water to get past the ACD.

My answer is then a conditional yes, it would be okay.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom