Closed Scubapro Reg Set: MK20/25, S550/555/600

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My CL story:
Stalking CL and eBay, and a lot of patience, is probably your best bet for killer-deals. You could be waiting many months though if you want the Mk25/S600 deal.

The MK2/G250 seems like you should be able to find within your budget on eBay, but expect to service it, and maybe wait a few weeks.
The moral of the story is to not sell off your G250s ever again.
Hah! :) Unless you have something better.

Now that I have some MK25s & S600s, I should probably put some of my MK10s & G250s on the market. I do plan on keeping at least one set as a spare though.

check eBay, there are few sellers with MK20 and S600 used and for parts only. There are also MK16 and MK2 available used.

Andrew, the same “knob kit” used to change the 555 to a 600 can be used on the G250HP, that’s what the spacer is for.

lol I preferred the S600...I know, I'm crazy and my words are blasphemous.

Well, I still do not think what I seek is a moon-shot....a decent deal, but not out of this world :wink:

Not to get too off-topic, but I think the MK20s need a specific upgrade to be reliable. Something about a certain part being improperly torqued could cause it to explode. Someone like halocline or rsingler or people in the DIY repair section would probably have more info.

1) lol I preferred the S600...I know, I'm crazy and my words are blasphemous.

2) Well, I still do not think what I seek is a moon-shot....a decent deal, but not out of this world :wink:

1) Speaking of blasphemy, I still haven't tried my 2x MK25 + S600s yet, and I bought them nearly 2 weeks ago. In fact, I may use my MK10s +G250s this weekend instead, because I need to complete a test of a Spec-Boot.

2) I'm the same way with deal hunting.

Hah! :) Unless you have something better.
I do have better (Balanced Adjustables 156 w/G250 exhaust valves) but I would not sell them either.

Well, I still do not think what I seek is a moon-shot....a decent deal, but not out of this world :wink:

You are correct, but not likely to find it here in the want adds of Scuba Board. You already know that one of my hobbies is purchasing such regulators, refurbishing them, and selling the ones I will not use (at a loss according to the wife.) There is no way I could even come close to your price point.

A while back, someone posted a website that covers the whole of the US for Craig's List. I am unable to find it, but if I do I'll post it. (Edit: Perhaps here: All of Craigslist )

Good luck,

Couv

Not to get too off-topic, but I think the MK20s need a specific upgrade to be reliable. Something about a certain part being improperly torqued could cause it to explode. Someone like halocline or rsingler or people in the DIY repair section would probably have more info.

It had a recall and a repair done. It is sorta easy to spot the ones with/out the fix. Also, you can upgrade the MK20-25 pretty easily and for cheap...and if you have an old, un-fixed MK20, the repair is free AFAIK :)

I have had the recall repair done on 2nd hand (or more) mk-20 stages gratis by my LDS. Not saying it is what you will experience.

One thing with mk-20 firsts is to update to the composite piston.

The adjustable seat carrier upgrade to a mk-25 can be useful, but not essential. It really doesn't give you a real tuning range but more a "tweaking" adjustment.

YMMV

Feel your pain, but it's someones gained.

The best deal on sale here is $480 US for a near new :MK25 1st Stage A700 2nd Stage R095 Occy with Scubapro SPG Depth Gauge , that is a good deal not far from me in Oz [I don't need it, have too many now].

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom