Dive Log Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meghan Powers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just recently became OW certified and am trying to find an electronic dive book that doesn't require a computer to log dives. I eventually intend on purchasing a computer for my dives but right now I do not have one. I would like to log my dives online rather than on paper but all I can find are apps or sites that require syncing a dive computer. Thanks in advance!

I’d guess that most of the electronic log books allow manual entry. If you choose to go to paperless, choose software that supports a variety of dive computers so you aren’t stuck if you change brands. Mac-Dive(if you have a Mac), Dive Log, and Subsurface are good options.

I like diving log 6.0 you can manually add dives then when you get a computer later on it is probably supported in the program.

Dive Log is great and gets updated frequently. Works with many popular dive computers and also allows you to export in the DAN 7 standard format. Highly recommend.

‎Dive Log

Dive Log is great and gets updated frequently. Works with many popular dive computers and also allows you to export in the DAN 7 standard format. Highly recommend.

‎Dive Log
Dive Log for iOS also works seamlessly with Diving Log 6.0 on a PC. I love the combo, but I do not see where you can manually log dives in the Dive Log iOS app?

Subsurface (Subsurface | An open source divelog) is a free download and you can manually log dives. It also supports various dive computer brands for when you do purchase a computer.

I second Subsurface. There is no dive computer required, but when you do get one, it will work with almost anything on the market (some more seamlessly than others). It's 100% free, and the desktop and mobile versions work seamlessly together.

I've also used Diving Log 6.0 in the past, but don't like having to rely on Dropbox to sync between mobile and desktop, although it does present a more polished appearance than Subsurface.

Certainly worth trying each of them and seeing which suits you better.

I second Subsurface. There is no dive computer required, but when you do get one, it will work with almost anything on the market (some more seamlessly than others). It's 100% free, and the desktop and mobile versions work seamlessly together.

I've also used Diving Log 6.0 in the past, but don't like having to rely on Dropbox to sync between mobile and desktop, although it does present a more polished appearance than Subsurface.

Certainly worth trying each of them and seeing which suits you better.
I wi-fi synch Dive Log on my iPhone with Diving Log 6.0 on my PC. You can synch in either direction (iPhone to PC or PC to iPhone). You can also synch your iPhone Dive Log with iCloud = super easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom