Closed Scubapro Reg Set: MK20/25, S550/555/600

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Dawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,

I am looking to buy a basic reg set for my brother in law.

I just need:

1 1st stage
1 2nd stage primary
1 2nd stage octo
1 SPG [or SPG/depth gauge combo]

I prefer to get an MK20/25 1st stage.

I prefer to get an S550/555/600 2nd stages.

I am comfortable rebuilding these regs and will take ones that are a bit older and not serviced recently if they are still functional and only need servicing.

The SPG and or depth gauge are nice but not must haves. I have new LP and HP hoses already.

If anyone has any leads, that would be great!

We have a budget of about $250. TIA!!

For just a first stage and 2 2nds...that is not a terrible price. I got two sets of MK20 with G250 and G250HP [yuk] with SPGs and such for way less than $250 about 2 yrs ago on Craigslist.

For just a first stage and 2 2nds...that is not a terrible price. I got two sets of MK20 with G250 and G250HP [yuk] with SPGs and such for way less than $250 about 2 yrs ago on Craigslist.
You can definitely get lucky on craigslist.

You can occasionally find MK25 + S600s on craigslist as well.

Both at the same time? Good luck.

My story: I happened to see a scuba-bag on CL. When I showed up, the guy also had a few other items, including 2 sets of MK25 + S600s & various other equipment. I was surprised, because I stalk the CL scuba listings. Apparently, these had been listed for months, and he got no responses. I wasn't on the market for more regs, but figured ... might as well make him some offer I'd be willing to pay. $300 per set, and he took it! He also had 2x pony-bottles with pony-regs, I offered $75 for the pair, and he took that too. After I got home, I found his other listings, and discovered he listed them in such a way you'd never find them. I spent FAR more money than I intended when I first walked in his front-door, but I made out of there like a bandit.

@ OP At that budget, I would suggest you look into something like the MK10 & G250. The octo can be just about any 2nd stage in decent shape. You'll likely also need to consider costs of servicing the 1st & second stage.

I have the parts and skills to service the MK20/25 and S550/555/600 myself, so these can be used...just not broken.

My CL story:

I went to a guy's house who posted a whole kit of gear on Craigslist. He said in the post it had MK20/G250s....and the total price of the post was like $300.

So, I drove to his house at lunchtime...and I bought it all for $240 cash: cannister light, 2 MK20s, G250 and G250HP, BCD, lots of accessories and bolt snaps etc...pony bottle, and a gear bag.

i fixed up some of the items [light, pony bottle, regs] and sold off the light, G250, G250HP and made most of my money back. So, it can be done :)

I will be happy with just a basic used set of MK20/25 that is from 2000 or so [or a 2010 and newer MK2]...and an S600 from 2003 [2nd Gen], an R195 octo...a cheap brass/glass SPG, and a depth gauge[or not]....for about $250. That cannot be that crazy....

Back
Top Bottom