Unoffical Scubaboard Goliath Grouper aggregation dives Aug 21-2 and Sept 25-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Pura Vida just called me and said that one of their boats is going under MX and they are canceling everyone on the 25th's morning charter.

I called JDC and the only open morning boat isn't able to be a Goliath boat.

Any other good options?

So Pura Vida just called me and said that one of their boats is going under MX and they are canceling everyone on the 25th's morning charter.

What exactly does that means? It’s a phrase that’s new to me.

Once a year, from around mid-August to mid-September a metric crap ton of Goliath Groupers travel to South Florida to spawn. They gather all over the place but the highest concentration is on the Castor and the Jupiter Wreck Trek. Both dives are "advanced" in that the depth is below 60 feet, and if nitrox is not required is highly recommend.

The Jupiter Wreck Trek is a pretty advanced dive, it is a drift dive with a hot drop requiring a very quick descent once you hit the water and it is very easy to get separated from the group. So you either need to be ready to dive solo, or the buddy pair needs to be actively monitoring each other to prevent buddy separation. When I was last in Jupiter, I did 5 dives, and 4 solo ascents under my DSMB.

Video from the Castor from a much better videographer than I.

I want his job.

Anyone have any suggestions on who to contact to see if we can fill in Saturday?

+1 to what @PoolsOpen said … Narcosis or Jupiter Scuba Diving. Walkers in Palm Beach & Scuba Works in Jupiter are other options.

My schedule has changed and I’m not able to dive that weekend. I’ve had to reschedule those charters to another weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom