Trip Report Turks & Caicos Explorer II 8/21 - 8/28/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the diving in Cozumel but I often have an issue with Montezuma's Revenge. It is really nice to go somewhere that you can drink the water from the tap without issue.

My son and I dived off Providenciales from land in 2009. The dives were not significantly different than other dives in the Caribbean. Max depth was 95 feet (79-117), avg depth was 56 feet (51-63). dive time was 64 min (59-70). These dives were with Caicos Adventures. All dives were with AL80s.
please forgive me i only worked in TCI for 16 years i diving 3-5 dives a day 6 days a week so dont know what the hell im talking about !

please forgive me i only worked in TCI for 16 years i diving 3-5 dives a day 6 days a week so dont know what the hell im talking about !
Did you ever get to South Caicos? Trying to hear from someone what the diving is like there…

Ya... I've been on that boat twice. The food is marginal at best.
The food on the Roatan Aggressor was fantastic.

My son and I dived off Providenciales from land in 2009. The dives were not significantly different than other dives in the Caribbean. Max depth was 95 feet (79-117), avg depth was 56 feet (51-63). dive time was 64 min (59-70). These dives were with Caicos Adventures. All dives were with AL80s.

Sorry, I was simply supplying factual data regarding my own visit to Providenciales. For a similar visit to Cozumel, average max depth 90 feet (58-127 feet) and mean average depth 52 feet (46-61 feet). So, slightly deeper max depth and avg depth for Providenciales than for Cozumel, not the magnitude you mentioned. There are numerous shallower profiles available in Cozumel.

Did you ever get to South Caicos? Trying to hear from someone what the diving is like there…
South caicos has limited morring systems available to our size vessel (we had to run our lines down onto the pins We fitted for them there is only about 10 dive sites but they have there good points i personally only one site Archway the diving is Much better at Grand turk ,west caicos north west point and a couple in french cay
people get very hung up saying how bad the diving was because they didnt get out to french cay!!!! as if its the end of the world! ITS NOT !lol!! west and north west point were my fave for big & small stuff

If anyone cares, I posted my photos from the first day of diving on FB.

Facebook

I still have 4.5 more days worth to get through and post...

Really nice captures and clarity! Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry to hear about the food. The trip that I was on a number of years ago, i found the food to be simple but delicious. There was a cranky old cook who'd been with them forever, but it was my understanding that he'd since retired. Wonder if he's back on the job, lol?

Really nice captures and clarity! Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry to hear about the food. The trip that I was on a number of years ago, i found the food to be simple but delicious. There was a cranky old cook who'd been with them forever, but it was my understanding that he'd since retired. Wonder if he's back on the job, lol?

Let me reiterate. The food was good. I just enjoyed the food on Blackbeards more. Gladys (on the Blackbeard cruise) was AMAZING!

Our cook (on TCEXII) was an older black man named Stan. They said he'd been doing it for 30 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom