But I poop in the late morning (serious question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eat an MRE and you won’t crap for days

Let me fix that for you:

Eat an MRE and you'll crap for days

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 10.17.37 PM.png

So something that I have found works quite well, is I will hit the loo first thing in the morning when I wake up and err.. 'evacuate' what wants too or is ready...even if it is almost nothing. Then I get to packing the car, etc. and also try not to eat just yet. Then I go to the loo again, and with the walking around, and that initial first wake up call, it usually does the trick. I almost feel like it's a 'hey, wake up, time to do your business just now' and then you come back again and you are sorted.

I find eating beforehand just makes the struggles worse.

Imodium IMO is no solution. Will just result in constipation and greater irregularity. There have been a number of good suggestions in the thread already that do not require medications.
Your right! It's a bandaid...that works.

Anyone deal with this and have any suggestions?

If you're diving in tropical waters, fear not. Drop off the back of the group, turn your BCD around, drop your shorts and lay what we refer to as a 'Chocolate Seahorse'.... then move on!

Of course, don't do that if you're in a dry suit or cold water.... that would not be good :D

My wife has the same issue. What works for her is to wake up earlier than normal to give more time. Resorts that serve breakfast at 7, then the boat loads at 8 are the worst.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom