Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DGX’s website currently shows November for their next shipment of LP85s and LP50s. Yikes! Glad I got my third pair of 85s in the spring!

Air frt used to be available 6 hours after a flight landed, pre-covid.

Are you taking shipping costs or the costs of the containers themselves?

Shipping costs. Much like commodities, demand is exceeding availability. We used to spend $5k on a 40ft container out of Ningbo. Last quote was $12K, and some of my customers are seeing costs of over $20K for inland freight deliveries.

The freight forwarder I work for no longer does deliveries for a lot of customers.

The freight forwarder I work for no longer does deliveries for a lot of customers.
Forget deliveries. I can't even drop off a pallet at my consolidator unless an appointment is made and appointments are out 6 weeks. Then another 3 weeks before it get's placed on a ship to LA's port. Rumor is the Xmas rush will slow down in October, but I'm not counting on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom