Can I drink a few beers after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean standing on the dive lift as you arise from the water getting steadily heavier, step forward onto the deck as the other divers remove your stages and fins…. De-kit as a cup of tea is handed over…. Back to port to prep the unit for tomorrow’s dive, tides are late so 1000 ropes off. Back to the bed & breakfast for a shower and change, then down to the pub for nice beer, food and camaraderie.

That was this weekend’s dive plan which we executed to perfection :)

Couple of interesting wrecks too

Sounds like my experience in Scapa :) The crew was sure to hand me my hot cup of tea just as I got to deck level on the diver lift. Good stuff.

No, no, vodka doesn't go in the freezer, it's 100 proof peppermint schnapps that goes in the freezer. With a bottle of root beer in the regular fridge to make mix in your mouth root beer schnapps that is way better than any root beer schnapps they sell.

But yeah, hydrate first after the dive, then alcohol if you must.

I would be more worried about the beer getting a case of hyperthermia. Must have adequate thermal protection.
Old school coozies are the survival suit for beverages, providing thermal insulation, floatation, and available in high visibility colors
upload_2021-8-24_6-54-36.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom