Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New to dry suit diving, Loving my santi emotions plus suit, but without ankle weights my feet float up...would like to get rid of ankle weights in favour of a heavier fin. It seems Hollis F1, Apeks RK3HD, have decent reviews...
curious to know what this group uses. Currently using HOG tech 2 with 2lbs ankle staps on each foot.
Thanks.

I have been using Hollis F1 for several years and just switched to Apeks RK3hd. I will not be going back the the F1 fins. I never tried Jetfins but some people like them. I struggled with floaty feet but one day on a group fun dive a PADI Rectec instructor saw my difficulties. He gave me some pointers and I haven't had floaty feet problems since. Find someone good who can show you how to dive a drysuit and practice.

You also might want to try some gaiters to help keep the bubble in the feet more constrained. If you do, the material goes in the back, and straps in front. They aren't shin guards.

Gaiters | Dive Rite

I have been using Hollis F1 for several years and just switched to Apeks RK3hd. I will not be going back the the F1 fins. I never tried Jetfins but some people like them. I struggled with floaty feet but one day on a group fun dive a PADI Rectec instructor saw my difficulties. He gave me some pointers and I haven't had floaty feet problems since. Find someone good who can show you how to dive a drysuit and practice.
Out of curiosity, what were the pointers?

Use the wing for buoyancy.
Be in trim.
Ditch the ancle weights
Dive a lot

And you will have no problems with floaty feets :)

If you have really floaty feet even with those rubber fins, I'd suggest Mares Power Plana or Jet fins.
The power plana's are more negative than the jet fins, but the jet fins are still more negative than the hog tech 2's.

APEKS RK3 are floatier than hog tech 2's.
Hollis F1 I have no experience with.

One thing that could also help is wearing a second pair of socks if your booty is too big.

Usually people who still have floaty feet while wearing rubber fins, are running their drysuit with too much air.
Maybe try running a bit less air in the drysuit.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom