Possible Last Minute Trip to Jupiter/WPB 8/28-29/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KDAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, I am scheduled to fly into Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday with my 13 yo JOW buddy. We were going to dive BHB, LBTS and then head down to Key Largo for the weekend. I may cancel her out last minute and if so, end up going alone. If so, I am seriously thinking of skipping Key Largo and hitting Jupiter for the Goliath Grouper dives. I haven't done that one but have dove a few times in Jupiter/WPB.

If it ends up that way it is last minute for me and I am not sure where to dive or who to dive with. I can find a place to stay so not worried about that. Any tips if it ends up going that route?

As of 8/23 8pm, JDC's Goliath dives for Sat 28 & Sun 29 are sold out. ScubaWorks is running but all bookings are made only by phone for Goliaths since it's rapidly changing. Currently sea waves look good for those 2 days. Best thing to do is get on the phone cause after the Jaw Dropping dives of last weekend, people are flying in from all over the country to see this.

As of 8/23 8pm, JDC's Goliath dives for Sat 28 & Sun 29 are sold out. ScubaWorks is running but all bookings are made only by phone for Goliaths since it's rapidly changing. Currently sea waves look good for those 2 days. Best thing to do is get on the phone cause after the Jaw Dropping dives of last weekend, people are flying in from all over the country to see this.
Maybe I should change up the thread to anyone looking to cancel their planned dive this weekend? The possibility of cancellation opening up the GG dives just occurred today.

I'm biased, but my local shop might be heading out to look for those goliaths on Saturday. It's a wreck site and 85 feet deep.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    429.7 KB · Views: 80
So, I am scheduled to fly into Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday with my 13 yo JOW buddy. We were going to dive BHB, LBTS and then head down to Key Largo for the weekend. I may cancel her out last minute and if so, end up going alone. If so, I am seriously thinking of skipping Key Largo and hitting Jupiter for the Goliath Grouper dives. I haven't done that one but have dove a few times in Jupiter/WPB.

If it ends up that way it is last minute for me and I am not sure where to dive or who to dive with. I can find a place to stay so not worried about that. Any tips if it ends up going that route?

I just checked Jupiter Dive Center and Scuba Works and they're both booked solid this weekend for GG dives. You might call Jupiter Dive Center to see if you can get on a waiting list. They are running 5 GG trips this weekend and since it's just you, the odds that someone drops and that you'll get a spot are decent. Call now though because there could be others on the waiting list too.

Another option is to call Walker's in Palm Beach. It look's like he is running a wreck trip on Sunday afternoon. The GG's are on the Palm Beach wrecks, but maybe not as many as are on the Jupiter wrecks. If Walker's doesn't pan out, you can call Narcosis and/or Pirate's Paradise to see if they are headed to the Palm beach wrecks this weekend.

I have a spot on Pura Vida for Saturday morning and will reach out to the others for waiting list for the afternoon and Sunday dives.

I have a spot on Pura Vida for Saturday morning and will reach out to the others for waiting list for the afternoon and Sunday dives.

Awesome! Glad you got a spot. Pura Vida is a great operation. My favorite in WPB.

How were your dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom